10 Things We Tell Ourselves In Order To Go To The Gym

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Going to the gym can be one of the most rewarding parts of the day, but every collegiette knows the struggle of convincing ourselves to actual go. If only watching Netflix and eating chocolate burned calories (get it together science!). But until then, it is sweating at the gym to burn those cals–at least there are cute guys. 

1.     “I need to look cute AF this weekend since Victoria’s hot older brother is coming to visit. I should probably go to the gym to shed a few calories before I see him like he may be my future husband.”

2.      “I need to fit in that dress I bought, my life depends on it! Off to the gym I go”

3.     “There are hot guys there, eye candy for days”.

4.     “Since I am going out for dinner tonight, I am obviously going to be eating amazing unhealthy food, so maybe if I go to the gym the two will cancel each other out. Logical”.

5.     “Bikini season. Bikini season. Bikini season. Enough said.”

6.     “I need to go to the gym so I can continue with my new healthy lifestyle goal. It’s not a diet it’s a lifestyle people. My new motto.”

7.     “An hour of not doing work, I’ll take it”

8.     “I just bought the cutest workout clothes, better put them to good use”

9.     “Since I am already wearing workout clothes I might as well just go”

10.      “All of my friends are going, so it is more like a social thing just on an elliptical. I can do this.

5 minutes later….“Am I finished yet?? 

English major with a concentration in journalism
Pamela is currently in her senior year at Fairfield Univerity where she is majoring in management. In her free time she enjoys working out, spending time with friends and family and binge watching reality television. *guilty*.... Follow her on instagram! @pamelagrant