10 Things That Really Happen When You Watch Netflix

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Over the summer you might have put your Netflix obsession on hold, but now that the school year has begun, we have all missed our dear friend. At the start of each semester we all tell ourselves that we aren’t going to start a new series, but then week three comes along and we realize how unrealistic this is. Whatever our major may be or what our class loads are like, we always have time set aside to watch an episode… or six.

1. That “one” show turns into every series in that genre.

2. The term paper that is 25% of your grade somehow only takes you two hours and you convince yourself that it was just a really easy topic. Time for Netflix!

3. You mentally diagnose yourself with a sickness so you have to stay in bed for the whole day. Season 1, complete. 

4. The relationship with your real life friends becomes less important than the ‘relationship’ you have developed with the characters. 

5. Your roommate comes home to find you crying your eyes out in bed during a sad episode with chocolate in your hand.

6. Your mom calls and she asks you what you are doing and you say homework, even though it is the furthest thing from the truth.

7. You find yourself turning into an insomniac, staying up until at least 3 a.m. every night.

8. Going to the gym and using your iPhone to portably watch another episode (now that’s what I call two birds one stone).

9. Convincing your boyfriend or friends that they will love the show just so you can watch it when you’re together.

10. And finally, finding yourself lost when your series ends and the stress begins to find another one just as good to watch. 

Follow Kristen on Twitter 

Kristen is a sophomore at Fairfield University, where she is majoring in communications. She is a gym fanatic always on the latest workout trends but also loves to dress up when going out with friends or hitting the shops downtown.
Danielle was previously the Deputy Editor at Her Campus, where she oversaw social and content strategy, lifestyle, beauty, fashion, news, and entertainment. Prior to joining Her Campus, Danielle worked at House Beautiful as Senior Lifestyle Editor, directing and producing feature videos and stories. Danielle also served as Snapchat Editor at Cosmopolitan, overseeing the brands daily Snapchat Discover channel. In 2016, she launched Cosmo Bites — which is now the official food and beverage vertical at Cosmopolitan. That same year, Danielle was named as a Rising Star in the digital media industry by FOLIO Magazine. Danielle got her start in digital media by launching the Her Campus chapter at Fairfield University in 2014, where she acted as Campus Correspondent for 2.5 years, before graduating with a degree in English and creative writing. She enjoys wine, food, and long walks through HomeGoods. Follow Danielle on Instagram!