10 Things that Happen the Morning After a Night at The Grape

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

I think we can all agree that the morning after a night of drinking is brutal. Some wake up very confused, asking themselves the million-dollar question, “what happened last night?” While others wake up wishing they could forget the questionable/embarrassing things they did. Wherever you find yourself that fateful morning, here are some typical things that happen post-Grape:

1. You wake up wearing a Dope Money Culture shirt.Thanks, J-$wag General?

2. You immediately reach for the closest water bottle and chug it all at once.

Nothing is more satisfying than that first sip of water.

3. You attempt to locate the following essentials in your mess of a room: iPhone, credit card, and license.

If you have 3/3, hug yourself. 2/3, not bad, give yourself a high-five. 1/3, that’s rough. 0/3, yikes.

4. You avoid checking your bank statement because you most likely spent anywhere between $30-$100.

Keep in mind this is only after a $2 Tuesday.

5. You and your roommates check the photos on your iPhones and piece your night back together.

Who doesn’t live for embarrassing photos of their friends?

6. You head to your kitchen to only find evidence of drunk eating or worse, the aftermath of a party you don’t remember happening.

That handle of vodka is obviously finished along with the 30-rack you swear you only had 10 beers from.

7. Cooking is way too much effort so you head to Beach Side and order a Rustler to-go

This sandwich is the only thing that will get you through today.

8. You and your roommates all sit in one room sharing stories from last night and they most likely start off with “Do you remember… “

No, no you don’t, but you can relive it through those stories.

9. You laugh at what a joke your life is because no regrets, right?

Senior Year: Nothing else matters.

10. Then you spend the rest of the day trying to get through your massive hangover.

AKA: Sleeping all day.

Amanda McKelvey is a Co-Campus Correspondent and a senior at Fairfield University. She is a Journalism major with minors in Psychology and Communications. In addition to being a CC she has held internships with Michael Kors, CollegeFashionista.com and the Rockville Centre and Baldwin Heralds. In her free time, Amanda enjoys days on the beaches of Long Island, watching Scandal, Chicago Fire and the Bachelorette, eating anything sweet (chocolate, ice cream, cupcakes—you name it!) and reading a good book. She’s excited to spend her senior year living at Fairfield Beach with her best friends including fellow CC Danielle Tullo! You can follow her on Twitter @theAMANDAshowww or on Instagram @ammckelvey.