10 Song Lyrics You Just Can’t Get Right

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

If you really knew me, you would know that I kill the lyric game. Literally. Ask my friends. Kill the game. I ruin every song. Every.single.song. So shout out to everyone who is too occupied dancing and having a great time to worry about getting the lyrics right. Here are the 10 songs you just can’t get right.

1. Taylor Swift, “Blank Space”What you hear: Got a lot of Starbucks lovers. Actual lyrics: “Got a long list of ex-lovers”2. Iggy Azalea, “Fancy” ft. Charli XCXWhat you hear: Can’t you taste this scone?Actual Lyrics: “Can’t you taste this gold?”

3. MKTO, “Classic”What you hear: I wanna do you like Michael. Actual Lyrics, “ I wanna thrill you like Michael”

4. Iggy Azalea, “Black Widow”, Ft. Rita OraWhat you hear: Like a black wittle baby.Actual Lyrics: Like a black widow baby

5. TI “Mediocre” ft. Iggy AzaleaWhat you hear: I don’t want no mini-yogurt. Actual lyrics: “I don’t want no mediocre”

6Swedish House Mafia “Don’t you Worry Child” Ft. John MartinWhat you hear: Don’t you worry, don’t you worry child, Ciara’s got a plan for you. Actual Lyrics: Don’t you worry, don’t you worry child see heavens got a plan for you.Not my proudest moment, but I am so guilty of this one. Might just be me?

7. Drake “The Motto” Ft Lil WayneWhat you hear: Spanish girls love me like I’m on Twitter.Actual lyrics: “Spanish girls love me like Aventura”

8. Taylor Swift, “Love Story”What you hear: Romeo, save me, Good Charlotte tell me how to fee. Actual lyrics: “Romeo, save me, they’re tryin’ to tell me how to feel”

9. Far East Movement, “Like a G6”What you hear: Now I’m feelin’ so fly like a cheese stick.Actual lyrics: “Now I’m feelin’ so fly like G6.”

10.  Bruno Mars, “Grenade”What you hear: Throw my head on a plate for ya.Actual Lyrics: “Throw my hand on blade for ya.”

Follow Nadia on Twitter!