This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

You just finished your third class in a row and are dying of hunger. Your roommate picks you up and you both go to grab some food. Your hunger is slowly growing deeper, only to be broken by the waiter taking your order. After (an exhausting) 20 minutes of patiently waiting for your food, you have become angry. Your hunger for food and anger for the lack thereof team together and you now become a combination of the two emotions- hangry. This is the worst form of torture known to man. Here are phases of transformation between hungry and hangry…

1. The little rumble at the pit of your stomach that causes slight concern… 

2. Then, you notice the rumble happening every thirty seconds. 

3.  Which turns into an empty black hole that once was your stomach.

4.  Feeling like your death may be imminent…but you’re not totally sure.

5. Planning your next five-course meal from appetizers to entrees to desserts to the specific plates, knives, and forks you will be using to eat such delicacies. 

6. Salivating….. 

7. Thinking about how annoying it is that you still have to wait for the waiter to come over and take your order.

8. Yelling at everyone that talks to you because they aren’t putting pieces of steak in your mouth. 

9. Crying…. 

10. Clenching your fists and grinding your teeth with tears welling up in your eyes because no one understands that food is the only thing that can save you from shriveling up and dying. 

11. Your sobbing cries turn into tears of joy as you see the waiter approach your table. You didn’t believe anything can look so beautiful but now you know God does exist. You won’t feel relief until you’ve scarfed it all down, and afterwards your hanger will be left cold with your steak bone. 

Gabriella is currently a junior at Fairfield University, where she is majoring in Marketing and minoring in Communications. She is Co-Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Fairfield with her roomie/best friend Pamela Grant! Gab can most likely be found with a Venti Starbs in hand, while wearing obnoxiously large sunnies (no shame), reading the most recent issue of Glamour Mag.