This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Since the global pandemic and college commitments might be giving you the scaries, have some fun on the spookiest night of the year. Whether you’re quarantining alone or have gotten tested and are celebrating safely together, there’s plenty to do this Halloween. We’ve got 10 chilling activities to do with your boo, keeping in mind those spooky safety precautions. 

1.Pumpkin Carving

Nothing more romantic than carving your lover’s face into a fruit. 

2.Couples Costumes

Couples’ costumes are a great way to let people know you’re together while standing six feet apart. You could go cute: salt and pepper. You could go sexy: Mr. and Mrs. Addams. Just don’t forget to incorporate your mask!

3.Scary Movie Marathon

Nothing like snuggling up and watching a scary movie. If you can’t be together in person, apps like Rabbit allow for synchronized movie-watching from different devices and locations. 

4.Play Some Games

Is your partner an imposter? Download Among Us and watch yourselves slowly develop trust issues. 

5.Visit a Haunted Attraction

COVID has restricted available attractions this Halloween, but there are still some great outdoor opportunities to freak yourselves out, like Legends of Fear or some innovative drive-thrus

6.Donate Blood

Donating blood is incredibly important, and fulfills the vampire aesthetic. Find a drive near you.

7.Spooky Mixology (21 and Over)

Brew something up that stirs your inner witch or wizard.

8.Outdoor S’mores

Sit outside with some chunky blankets, make some s’mores, and howl at the full moon. Also, date someone who removes the marshmallow before it catches fire. It’s the only way.

9.Cook for Each Other

Remember when the cafeteria would have “mummy brains and witches fingers” (spaghetti and carrots). Cook up something spooky. This could also be scary, given the risk of exploding the kitchen. Make sure everything is thoroughly cooked before ingestion. 

10.Make Like a Skeleton and Bone 

Candy isn’t the only treat this Halloween. Happy Spooky Season, my witchy friends. : ) 

Jackie Campbell

Fairfield '24

Jackie is an English major with an Educational Studies minor at Fairfield University. Though originally from Kansas City, MO, Jackie currently calls Pound Ridge, NY home. Some interests include riding bikes, writing, and exploring new media with her little sister.
Katie Mazzotta

Fairfield '21

Katie Mazzotta, from Massachusetts, studies marketing and finance at Fairfield University. She is the campus correspondent for Fairfield's Her Campus chapter. Her creativity and marketing skills provide a beneficial influence on the chapter's event planning and social media accounts. In her free time, she loves the beach and spending time with friends and family.