etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

10 Best Themed Parties to Throw

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

We all know the classic college party themes: toga, 80’s, luau, etc. As fun as those are, it can get a little repetitive. At this point in the semester, a fun and innovative party theme is a great way to de-stress and get creative with your friends. Here are 10 innovative themes that are sure to make your next party memorable and original.

1. Middle School Dance

Get ready to party like its 2011! Dust off those gauchos and Aéropostle shirts because it’s time to do the Cupid Shuffle.

2. Olympics

Come with your friends dressed as different countries and play games to earn points. At the end of the night, award the winners!

3. Vine

Vine may be dead (RIP) but we can honor our fallen friend by dressing up as our favorite 6-second masterpieces.

4. Pajama Party

Get cozy with your friends for a true slumber ~partay~!

5. Holidays

Who says your favorite holiday can only come once a year?

6. Memes

Bring your group chat to life by embodying the meme you relate to the most.

7. Wig

Not only is this the perfect time to try out the hairstyle you’ve been too afraid to commit to, but this is also your opportunity for an IRL wig snatch.

8. High School Stereotype

Nerd, Jock, Prom Queen? Dress as whoever you were or wish you could have been in high school.

9. Coachella

As the weather gets warmer and the sun starts to shine, breakout those flower crowns and forget the fact that Coachella is actually 2,711 miles away from North Benson Rd.

10. Party Animals

Whether you’re Tarzan or Jane, an animal party is sure to bring out your wild side.

Grace Cannon

Fairfield '20

Grace is a Communications Major at Fairfield University searching for the meme-ing of life. She lives by a Tom Haverford quote "Sometimes you gotta work a little so you can ball a lot" and enjoys the 1987 film Dirty Dancing. 
Alexis DiZenzo is a motivated Connecticut native. She attends Fairfield University where she is majoring in digital journalism and minoring in marketing. She is currently co-campus corespondent of Fairfield's Her Campus chapter. Along with managing Her Campus Fairfield, Alexis has interned with The Secured Lender Magazine, and NBC Sports. She is a contributing writer for Elite Daily as well as Thought Catalog. In the early stages of her college career, Alexis has taken the initiative to reach far among the stars and achieve goals early on. She has a great sense of editing, writing, publishing, marketing and leadership as well as strong interpersonal skills. (And a fun-loving, outgoing personality!) Alexis' favorite book (and movie) is The Great Gatsby, she lives by the words of Carrie Bradshaw and you could definitely find her on a beach, soaking up the sun. Instagram @alexisdizenzo www.alexisfdizenzo.com