The Country Music Awards never fail to be a great night. Filled with funny hosts, great performances and tons of crush-worthy cowboys, it’s needless to say that this year’s show was one to remember! However, if you didn’t get a chance to tune in, here are 10 highlights from the 48th Country Music Awards.
1.There was no better way to open up this years CMA awards than with the one and only Kenny Chesney. He just announced his new tour, after skipping a year, which will take place this summer. Even better, he is touring with Jason Aldean! He performed his hit “American Kids” with a fun hippy-like vibe that I’m sure had everyone in the audience singing along.
2. This year’s hosts, Brad Paisly and Carrie Underwood killed it! However, there was one smaller host that we couldn't take our eyes off…Underwood’s baby bump! She rocked multiple outfits, each showcasing her cute bump. Underwood is due in the spring.
3. Not only did Brett Eldredge win “New Artist of the Year”, but he gave a great speech, telling the story about his first time at the CMA’s “I remember a few years ago, I got here so early. I went out there to sit and I was the only person sitting down here. I was so excited. I was just dreaming what it would be like to be up here.” Congrats Brett, you made it up there and it only took 2 years!
4. Our very own FUSA fall concert, Love and Theft were nominated for “Vocal Duo of the Year.” Even though Florida Georgia Line won, we’re very proud to say they were a nominee and competed against very popular and impressive duos.
5. Brad Paisley was hilarious throughout the show, at one point carrying out cheese balls in a baby carrier that was strapped to his chest and blessing Carrie with gifts for her child. Some of these gifts included a Moonshine T-shirt and mini cowboy boots.
6. Tim McGraw’s performance of “Shotgun Rider”. This is a great song, and as always, Tim gave an amazing performance. However, everything about McGraw could be considered a highlight of the CMA’s (especially his face…and body).
7. Miranda Lambert was basically the queen of the CMA’s this year. Winning 4 awards this year, she dominated the show and she did it in style. Looking stunning in multiple outfits and next to hubby Blake Shelton, it’s safe to say she won the CMA’s.
8. The Irving Waugh Award of Excellence went to Vince Gill, who is the only person besides Johnny Cash to win this award. He gave a touching speech and is definitely deserving of such an honor.
9. Blake Shelton wins “Male Vocalist of the Year”! Even though he had some tough competition, Shelton came out victorious, which was definitely understandable! With an his most recent album, Bringing Back the Sunshine, being a complete hit combined with his awesome personality, Blake is a country sensation.
10. The moment everyone had been waiting for, the winner of Entertainer of the Year. The nominations included Luke Bryan, Miranda Lambert, Blake Shelton, George Straight, and Keith Urban but Luke Bryan was the winner. He also gave an amazing performance, and was beautiful as per usual. Love you, Luke!