You Know You Live In Brooks When…

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at F and M chapter.

You Know You Live In Brooks When… 

1. You have to put in earplugs to fall asleep every night. Not the most inconvenient, but it’s certainly not convenient either.

2. You take a shower expecting the water to be hot, but it doesn’t even make it to luke warm. It ruins your whole day. #sooonotcool

3. The bathroom sink doesn’t drain, it’s nasty and just not okay.

4. The washers and dryers constantly break, and don’t get fixed until three months later. We all really needed to use that particular washing machine like three months ago.

5. Consequently, the Marshall laundry room floods from using the broken washing machines… oops.

6.  You wash your clothes on the cold/delicate cycle and the tide pods stick to your clothes and ruin them. Beyond frustrating.

7. There are days when you start going low key insane because the walls of your dorm room start to feel like they are closing in on you. Sometimes you just need

S P A C E.

8. The kitchen is almost NEVER clean, hello, clean up your mess.

9. You can hear Chi Phi raging until 3 am most every Thursday and Friday and Saturday. So you are forced to put in earplugs, but are disappointed to find out that you can feel the bass pounding through your entire body. You end up taking a melatonin too.

10. You subconsciously know what everyone is up to because only 18 people live on your hall… maybe less. There’s no privacy, its like that word doesn’t even exist. #TMI

Xox Alixandra

Laugh, smile, and channel your bliss.
Karolina Heleno is a student at Franklin and Marshall College majoring in Creative Writing and minoring in Women and Gender Studies. She currently serves as the Communications Intern with the YWCA of Lancaster.