jamie street KaAiThQZrGU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jamie street KaAiThQZrGU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Why Fall is the Best Season!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at F and M chapter.

I love Fall. Not in the stereotypical “I need my pumpkin spice latte” kind of way. Don’t get me wrong, it’s great; especially if it’s from Wawa. But my love for Fall runs much deeper than that. When it starts to get a little chilly out, I can’t help but look up every apple recipe and get ready to bake. It is the perfect weather to bake super easy recipes like mini apple pies or apple dumplings – even mini pecan pies! And don’t forget to heat up some apple cider, add in a cinnamon stick, and you’re about as Fall as you can get. Beyond the food is the best weather you could possibly ask for. No more sweat from summer, and it’s not so cold that you have completely bundle up. You can wear your favorite cozy sweaters and every day is a good day to cuddle. Walking down the streets automatically goes from a boring everyday thing to an adventure, scuffing in leaves and being able to see the bright vibrant colors of the trees. Enjoy it while you can before winter takes over and all we are left with is the cold branches. And wrapped in Fall is the best possible holiday you can ask for – Halloween! I still believe in Halloween as a kid’s holiday but at college you get a slightly different side to it. As Cady said in Mean Girls, “in the real world, Halloween is when kids dress up in costumes and beg for candy. In Girl World, Halloween is the one-day a year when a girl can dress up like a total slut and no other girls can say anything else about it.” I still live in real world Halloween. Coming up with creative costumes with your friends, carving pumpkins, and making your house/room the scariest on campus is the perfect way to have fun on Halloween and act like a kid again, something we all need from time to time in college. Now that Fall’s here, instead of already starting your winter hibernation, go get an apple cider from Mean Cup and enjoy the wonderful weather!

Cari Lamba is currently a junior at Franklin and Marshall College. She is an English literature major and is a member of the National Honors Fraternity. She loves to read, travel, and anything to do with corgis.