This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at F and M chapter.

Netflix is known for streaming television series, especially the Netflix original series Fuller House and Orange is the New Black.  However, Netflix has many hidden features, which include extremely fun and procrastination-approved movies.  I have recently embarked on an adventure of finding potentially good or bad movies that Netflix features.

In an attempt to find something to do with the rarely found spare time that I usually end up creating from a desire to not do homework, I have recently decided to spend my time finding movies on Netflix. A bonus is that my best friend from home gets a scene-by-scene update as I watch them. So far, I have watched three, but my adventure will continue, so I suggest you watch our page closely.

First up on the list is “Ask Me Anything,” a 2014 movie starring Britt Robertson. I can only tease you with a short plot summary: a recently graduated high school student decides to take a year off from college. Instead, she tries to find work and begins writing a blog to document her life without school. The most interesting aspect of this movie is the ending, which will make you want to watch it all over again from the beginning. I can’t really tell you much else besides the fact that I would recommend watching it.

The second on the list is “Naomi and Ely’s No Kiss List,” a 2015 film starring Victoria Justice and Pierson Fode. Best friends since they started living across the hall from each other, Naomi and Ely have grown up together and, since Ely is gay, have a “no kiss list” so no guy will ever come between them. But, of course, one boy does and the movie demonstrates that sometimes you do grow apart from people in your life. I would say it is a definite watch on my list.

The third movie on the list was called “A Teacher,” a 2013 picture starring Lindsay Burdge. It’s bout a teacher having an affair with one of her students, I was hoping the movie would start with the attraction of a forbidden love and how the student and teacher first became involved. However, that’s not what happens. Instead, it portrays the fear, anxiety, and confusion of the teacher and her struggle with agreeing with her actions. This I would recommend you don’t watch. Unless you’re a film major.

I am currently in the process of watching another potentially bad potentially good movie and I won’t tell you which so you’ll be enticed to continue reading my “What’s Good on Netflix” posts. However, I will add that the chrome extension called Netflix Super Browse is extremely helpful in finding more in depth categories, as almost every single movie is an independent film.

Happy Netflixing!

Just a girl who likes too much hockey, too much Netflix, and too many books.
Karolina Heleno is a student at Franklin and Marshall College majoring in Creative Writing and minoring in Women and Gender Studies. She currently serves as the Communications Intern with the YWCA of Lancaster.