A Week in the Life of a College Fashionista–Spring Time Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at F and M chapter.

A Week in the life of a College Fashionista- Spring Time Edition

After a gazillion horrid months of dreary winter, pain and suffering, Spring is finally here! Everyone take a giant sigh of relief- feuf.  The sun is out (thank god) and that means one thing…. spring fashion! Step aside boots and sweaters! Make way for the sundresses! Bring on the skirts, bring on the floral patterns, bring on the bright colors, and bring on the pastels! At Her Campus, we are more then excited to show off our spring fashion OOTDs. Here is a week of spring fashion- my personal spring outfits of the day. Hope you enjoy them! Have a great week and keep on smiling xo, Caroline

Sunday- Classic Prep

Every other Sunday, F&M Hillel hosts a bagel brunch. I was feeling preppy, so I broke out my pastel pants to celebrate the nice weather. I paired them with my off white peplum wit ha pear collar, and some nude flats. I added the belt and pearl earrings for a nice touch.

Fashion ID:

1. Embellished off-white Collared Peplum top: Ann Taylor
  2. Bright Blue Cropped Pants: Banana Republic
  3. Nude Ballet Flats: JCrew
  4. Off white belt- Target

Monday: cropped denim and statement glam

Monday was kind of chilly, but still warm enough to bring out my favorite white pants! I wore a blue peplum three quarter shirt with white cropped pants. I paired the look with my black booties to give it some edge, and added a white statement necklace.

Fashion ID:

1. Blue three quarter Peplum top- Ann Taylor
  2. White Cropped Denim jeans- Old Navy
  3. White Bubble Statement Necklace- JCrew
  4. Black Booties- Sam Edelman

Tuesday- Classy Glam

I like to dress up for my classes, and Tuesdays are no exceptions. I took advantage of the nice weather to bring out my purple skirt. I paired it with a white three quarter top, a chain necklace, a belt, and some shades.

Fashion ID:

1. White three quarter top- Ann taylor
  2. Purple skirt (with a zipper in the back, not shone)- Urban Outfitters
  3. Brown belt with gold clasp- Banana Republic
  4. Chain necklace- JCrew
  5. Sunglasses- Tiffany&Co.

Wednesday: Sunshine Prep

Wednesday was an absolutely beautiful day and I wanted to wear something sunny. I brought out my new yellow pants, a yellow striped tank, and a white cardigan. I accessorized with my white bubble necklace, cheetah print belt, and zipper flats.

Fashion ID:

1. Yellow pants- Ann Taylor
  2. White tank with yellow and brown stripes- Free People
  3. White Cardigan- Target
  4. White bubble Statement necklace- Jcrew
  5. Cheetah print skinny belt- Banana Republic
  6. Zipper Flats- Jcrew

Thursday- Floral and Leather:

I take BOS200, our school’s introduction to business class. I had a big project for the class that lasted 5 hours, so I wanted to look professional, yet still cool. I love this outfit because it perfectly juxtaposes the harsh edgy feel of the leather and gold chains with the soft white and floral. The result: girly girl- motorcycle chick aka awesomeness.

1. White Vneck Three Quarter Shirt- Ann Taylor
  2. Black skirt with floral detailing- Free People
  3. Black Booties- Sam Edelman
  4. Black Leather Jacket- Nordstrom/ belonged to my mom
  5. Gold Chain Necklace- Banana Republic

Friday- Classic Cool City Style

On Friday, I took the train into Philadelphia to meet my boyfriend. I wanted to wear something classic, but also cool with a city feel. I wore a denim shirt tucked into a black skirt. It was cold so I wore black tights, and black booties. I threw on a gold and pearl long necklace to complete the look. The outfit was perfect for a night out in the city.

Fashion ID:

1. Denim Button Down Shirt- The Gap
  2. Black Flowy mini skirt: Urban Outfitters
  3. Black Tights- Target
  4. Black Booties: Sam Edelman
  5. Pearl and Gold long necklace: JCrew

Saturday- Theme Party Glam

On Saturday night, my boyfriend’s fraternity threw a party. The theme was “Sci-Fi” so I decided to dress up as “the moon”. I wore a black peplum shirt over a black mini, although in pictures it looks like I’m wearing a dress. I pared the outfit with my black booties, and wore a grey statement necklace to represent moon rocks. The outfit was a huge success and I had tons of fun.

1. Black Peplum with a Zipper down the Front- A Boutique in Philadelphia
  2. Black miniskirt- A different Boutique in Philadelphia
  3. Grey statement necklace- JCrew
  4. Black Booties- Sam Edelman
Caroline is an Art History Major at Tulane University, class of 2016.  She's passionate about fashion, design, comedy, and traveling. Originally Philladelphia, Caroline can be seen on campus sketching in her moleskin notebook, doing yoga, telling stand up comedy, and spending time with her family and friends.    
Along with being the Her Campus Franklin and Marshall Campus Correspondent, I am also the editor-in-chief of Epilogue, F&M's literary Magazine, Staff Writer for The College Reporter, F&M's student newspaper, and a very active member of Phi Sigma Pi National Honor Fraternity. When not hard at work, you can find me writing, reading, geeking out over Disney movies with my friends, or doing art projects.