V-DAY

F&M celebrated V-Day this past weekend with the production of The Vagina Monologues, written by Eve Ensler. The movement featured strong female performers who voiced the end of violence against women and equality for all genders. Throughout the performance, monologues expressed personal accounts of rape, self-discovery, and freedom. Each account raised more awareness of the fight women face globally. It called for strength and recovery for the victims of sexual violence. At the same time, it celebrated the essence of being a woman, encouraging all women to take charge of their lives and thrive. All proceeds went to the Lancaster YWCA for benefitting community’s women with shelter and other needed services.

Kristina is a senior HerCampus writer at the beautiful Franklin and Marshall College located in Lancaster, PA. For the last two years, she has been writing for the F&M chapter of HerCampus. Her other campus activities include tutoring for the physics department, editing the yearbook, and DJing for the WFNM radio station. Kristina graduates this year with a major in Astrophysics and minor in Applied Mathematics. She aspires to take her writing and science skills, and become a researcher in the field of atmospheric science.