Tristan Blus ’17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at F and M chapter.

Name: Tristan Blus

Year: 2017

Hometown: North Barrington, Illinois

Major: Government

Describe yourself in three words? Outgoing, exuberant, busy

What are you involved in on campus? I am the President and Founder of EYEsee at F&M, Treasurer of Sigma Pi Fraternity, Project Coordinator of Catastrophic Relief Alliance, Vice-President of Men United Against Sexual Assault, and I am an I.M.P.A.C.T. Brother

Why F&M? F&M offers an excellent education, an increasingly diverse student body, a community of academic and community driven individuals, and incredible opportunities at leadership. We are also just the right distance from home for me- far enough that it is very different from home, but not too far for my parents to visit from time to time.

Hidden talent? I used to be able to solve a Rubik’s Cube in 33 seconds. Other than that I think any talent I have isn’t very hidden…

Favorite quote? “At his best, man is the noblest of all animals; separated from law and justice he is the worst” -Aristotle This quote reminds me that every day I need to put in every effort to be the noblest, and avoid any temptation towards the worst.

Ben or John? Ben, Duh… He invented things

I attend Franklin & Marshall College and am the campus correspondent of the Her Campus chapter here. I also play flute with the Pep Band and Symphonic Wind Ensemble. I am an editor for the Patsy Post, am involved with F&M Unleashed, a member of Mu Upsilon Sigma, and a Brother of Phi Sigma Pi, a co-ed honors fraternity.
Along with being the Her Campus Franklin and Marshall Campus Correspondent, I am also the editor-in-chief of Epilogue, F&M's literary Magazine, Staff Writer for The College Reporter, F&M's student newspaper, and a very active member of Phi Sigma Pi National Honor Fraternity. When not hard at work, you can find me writing, reading, geeking out over Disney movies with my friends, or doing art projects.