Tristan Blus ’17

Name: Tristan Blus

Year: 2017

Hometown: North Barrington, Illinois

Major: Government

Describe yourself in three words? Outgoing, exuberant, busy

What are you involved in on campus? I am the President and Founder of EYEsee at F&M, Treasurer of Sigma Pi Fraternity, Project Coordinator of Catastrophic Relief Alliance, Vice-President of Men United Against Sexual Assault, and I am an I.M.P.A.C.T. Brother

Why F&M? F&M offers an excellent education, an increasingly diverse student body, a community of academic and community driven individuals, and incredible opportunities at leadership. We are also just the right distance from home for me- far enough that it is very different from home, but not too far for my parents to visit from time to time.

Hidden talent? I used to be able to solve a Rubik’s Cube in 33 seconds. Other than that I think any talent I have isn’t very hidden…

Favorite quote? “At his best, man is the noblest of all animals; separated from law and justice he is the worst” -Aristotle This quote reminds me that every day I need to put in every effort to be the noblest, and avoid any temptation towards the worst.

Ben or John? Ben, Duh… He invented things

I attend Franklin & Marshall College and am the campus correspondent of the Her Campus chapter here. I also play flute with the Pep Band and Symphonic Wind Ensemble. I am an editor for the Patsy Post, am involved with F&M Unleashed, a member of Mu Upsilon Sigma, and a Brother of Phi Sigma Pi, a co-ed honors fraternity.