Top Rock Albums to Be Released this Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at F and M chapter.

1. The Pretty Reckless – Who You Selling For

The American rock band known for their lead singer Taylor Momsen is releasing their third album on October 21st. While their previous records Light Me Up and Going to Hell hovered in the hard rock/metal genre, these new tracks have a more bluesy, classic rock feel. We can finally hear Taylor channeling her inspirations such as Led Zeppelin and The Rolling Stones. Three tracks so far are available: Take Me Down, Oh My God, and Prisoner. Yes, this album isn’t as heavy as the previous ones, but the talent is all there, along with many guitar riffs.

1. Metallica – Hardwired… To Self-Destruct

You didn’t think these guys were done, did you? They’re back with a vengeance on November 18th, and Cliff is probably smiling in appreciation from heaven (or hell). Two new tracks have been released, Hardwired being one that brings back their thrash style from when they first starting making music in the early 80s. Moth Into Flame has also been released, which embodies more of a metal feel that The Black Album featured.

1. Highly Suspect – The Boy Who Died Wolf

Another American rock band which formed in 2009 and released their first full album, Mister Asylum, last year, is almost like a combination of The Black Keys and Arctic Monkeys. My Name Is Human, one of the new tracks, has been released. It mixes their ethereal and edgy sound, resembling their love for Pink Floyd and Hendrix, the artists that they covered when beginning their career in music.

I attend Franklin & Marshall College and am the campus correspondent of the Her Campus chapter here. I also play flute with the Pep Band and Symphonic Wind Ensemble. I am an editor for the Patsy Post, am involved with F&M Unleashed, a member of Mu Upsilon Sigma, and a Brother of Phi Sigma Pi, a co-ed honors fraternity.