#TBT SERIES: 11 Throwback Songs – 1990s Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at F and M chapter.

If you are a 90s kid then you will definitely know these songs. There will always be moments when all you want to do is to indulge in a little #tbt to get your day started. Here are 11 popular songs that ruled the 90s:

1. MC Hammer – U Can’t Touch This (1990)
  2. Michael Bolton – When a Man Loves a Woman (1991)When a man loves a woman / Spend his very last dime / Trying to hold on to what he needs / He’d give up all his comforts / And sleep out in the rain / If she said that’s the way / It ought to be”
  3. Whitney Houston – I Will Always Love You (1992)
  4. Mariah Carey – Hero (1993)And then a hero comes along / With the strength to carry on / And you cast your fears aside / And you know you can survive / So when you feel like hope is gone / Look inside you and be strong / And you’ll finally see the truth / That a hero lies in you”
  5. Boyz II Men – I’ll Make Love To You (1994) Close your eyes, make a wish / And blow out the candlelight / For tonight is just your night / We’re gonna celebrate, / All through the night”
  6. Oasis – Wonderwall (1995) “And all the roads we have to walk are winding / And all the lights that lead us there are blinding / There are many things that I / Would like to say to you but I don’t know how”
  7. Spice Girls – Wannabe (1996) If you want my future, forget my past / If you wanna get with me, better make it fast / Now don’t go wasting my precious time / Get your act together we could be just fine”
  8. Savage Garden – Truly Madly Deeply (1997)[Image from Buzzfeed.com] “I want to stand with you on a mountain. / I want to bathe with you in the sea / I want to lay like this forever. / Until the sky falls down on me”
  9. Goo Goo Dolls – Iris (1998) “And I don’t want the world to see me / ‘Cause I don’t think that they’d understand / When everything’s meant to be broken / I just want you to know who I am”
  10. Smash Mouth – All Star (1999)

“Hey now, you’re an all-star, get your game on, go play / Hey now, you’re a rock star, get the show on, get paid / And all that glitters is gold / Only shooting stars break the mold”

*All gifs from giphy.com.

Vivian is the current Campus Correspondent and Marketing Director of the Her Campus chapter at F&M, where she has been a member for 3 years. She is a senior at Franklin & Marshall College, studying business and sociology. In her free time, she can be found catching up on TV shows, reading novels, or spending time with her sorority sisters. Her interests include branding, public relations, and marketing.