Taisha Pelletier 18′

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at F and M chapter.

This week’s Profile of the Week is Taisha Pelletier. She is an intended Psych major (declaring this week… so yikes). She’s from from the Bronx, New York and is a Posse Scholar here on campus. You might see her in Martin or Harris hitting the books or you might find her in the middle of the spotlight dancing with Dance Company here on cmapus. Learn more about her with us: 

HC: What made you choose your major?

TP: I took AP psych in high school and I really liked it and did really well in it. Then when I got here I took psych 100 and I was feeling it. I wasn’t feeling the rats, but I was feeling it. We had a lab and we had to work with rats and like touch them. They were fat and their tails were so yuck, so long. I’m from New York and there are rats everywhere. I fed it. We were supposed to feed it. Then I took statistics and it was kind of like a stepping-stone into my major. Now I’m taking a lot of classes I actually like and I don’t know I just really like analyzing people. I like being a creep! Hahah

HC: What did you like most about being on Dance Company?

TP: I liked being on stage. I liked the performance part of the show. I got this adrenaline rush. I didn’t like rehearsal that much. Well, for the African piece it was like 3 hour-long rehearsals so it was very intense on my body. I would be very sore through out the week. We only met like 4 times and I’d have rehearsal through out the week for the other dance piece, and I was also in a modern dance class too. I had a lot of dancing last semester. I also really liked the dressing room with all the lights.

HC: Describe yourself in three words.

TP: Open-minded, outgoing, mysterious.

HC: What are you looking forward to this semester?

TP: I’m looking forward to doing research with one of my professors. In one of my classes my professor asked me to do research. It’s about child development; I’ll be studying how kids develop morals and stuff like that. I haven’t told anyone yet so yeah.  

HC: What is your dream vacation?

TP: I want to go to South Africa and actually volunteer! I really like doing public service so that’d be cool.

HC: What is your biggest fear? Why?

TP: Um, I have a lot of fears, to be honest. Some of them are life fears and some of them are just fears. Nonlife fears are like drowning and that’s only because I don’t know how to swim. I like going to the beach and the pool, but I tried to take swimming lessons once. The second day of lessons the teacher was like ‘go to the deep side’. It was so scary, I could open my eyes under water and see how deep it was and she would push my head underwater and I would just panic. It was like 13 ft and I’m like 5 ft. So after that day I just never went back. I was just like nope, I have to gradually get comfortable to being on the deep side. So yeah I’m really scared of drowning because she like basically drowned me. But life wise, I’m scared of what happens after college. I don’t know what I want to be so like I don’t know. Life is just going to hit me and I’m going to have to pay bills and loans and life is scary.

HC: What is one thing you wish people knew about you?

TP: I like to learn languages. Like whenever I’m around international students I always ask them ‘how do you say this,’ or ‘how do you say that.’ I also placed out when I took my Spanish language test here so then I took a semester of Italian just cause. I mean I didn’t continue because I’m lazy, but there’s something about it that I think is so cool. I just ask people. I think it’s part of the reason I want to go abroad so bad because I think I’d just be immersed in the language and I would actually get to learn, instead of being graded on it. So you know, that’d be cool.

HC: Favorite F&M memory (so far)?

TP: Eating lunch at a Mexican restaurant with my favorite professor on a trip!

Ben or John?

TP: I guess Ben because he’s a cool guy. He was here first!

Karolina Heleno is a student at Franklin and Marshall College majoring in Creative Writing and minoring in Women and Gender Studies. She currently serves as the Communications Intern with the YWCA of Lancaster.