This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at F and M chapter.

Squash A.C.E.S. is an urban youth squash program launched by Franklin and Marshall College. A.C.E.S is an acronym that stands for Attitude, Community, Excellence and Scholarship. The program focuses on these elements to provide a high-quality after-school academic and athletic enrichment program for underserved middle and high school students in the Lancaster area. The participants of Squash A.C.E.S. learn academic strategies, basic squash tactics, and life skills through advanced coaching and experienced tutors. These tutors are Franklin and Marshall students looking to give back to the community and provide leadership and life skills to those who may not have a proper role model in their lives. Students make individual and team goals to succeed and they have fun while achieving them. For the past few weeks Squash A.C.E.S has been selling t-shirts and baked goods to raise money for the program and to take the children on fun field trips, such as going laser-tagging. The students involved in Squash A.C.E.S have been chosen as this week’s campus celebrity because their hard work is changing the lives of the urban youth in the Lancaster community.