Sam Alter ’15

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at F and M chapter.

Hometown: Brooklyn, NY

Major: Geosciences

Class Year: 2015Activities on Campus: I’m on the rowing team,  part of PSP (the honors fraternity on campus), and am also an HA for Brooks, living in Schnader.Relationship Status: Single.

Describe yourself in three words: The golden rule.Dream job: NASA or a USGS Geoscientist where I could get to work in extreme far-away places.

Guilty Pleasure: I like dancing but I don’t think I’m very good.

Why did you choose F&M? I chose F&M because I love learning about a lot of different things, so the Liberal Arts curriculum appealed to me.  I liked that F&M was a small school and it seemed like there were a lot of activities that students could get involved with and numerous exciting opportunities to take part in. What’s been your favorite class at F&M so far and why? I really liked ENV117 because the professor was an amazing lecturer, it made me look critically at myself and our society, and I learned a lot about the (negative) impacts we have on the environment.

If you could have a superpower, what would you pick and why? Maybe not needing sleep, that way I could do more everyday.

Where do you see yourself in 10 years? I see myself having a really cool job in science, getting to be outside hiking, and then also being close to a lake so I could row whenever I wanted to. 

What do you look for in a girl? I look for someone who is nice, has a fun and attractive personality, and is willing to be adventurous (like going on hikes or roller coasters). Of course if she is cute it doesn’t hurt.

Favorite pick-up line? If you were a booger I’d pick you first – just kidding! I don’t really have a line I just like to go up to a girl and talk to her.

Why he’s our Campus Cutie: Sam will always be able to make you laugh and he’ll also be able to show you some of the most beautiful things in nature. That’s enough to make any girl swoon!

Along with being the Her Campus Franklin and Marshall Campus Correspondent, I am also the editor-in-chief of Epilogue, F&M's literary Magazine, Staff Writer for The College Reporter, F&M's student newspaper, and a very active member of Phi Sigma Pi National Honor Fraternity. When not hard at work, you can find me writing, reading, geeking out over Disney movies with my friends, or doing art projects.