This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at F and M chapter.

Happy New Year everyone! It is officially 2018. It’s incredible to believe that for most of us, we have been alive and well for about two decades now – doesn’t that make us old? Despite what stage of life you are in, a new year symbolizes a new beginning. As the phrase states: new year, new me, right? 2018 is a new phase of our lives where we leave all of the trials and tribulations that is 2017 behind but maintain the lessons that we have learned. I don’t know about you, but I always spend every year trying to create a New Year Resolution List. Are you ready for a reflection on the new year?

I’m the type of person who tries to be calm and collected at all possible times; therefore, I often don’t spend the time to reflect and just focus on me. New Year is the one day that I always try to make time to reflect and just put me first. A new year brings new opportunities to become a better version of yourself. It is another year to make mistakes to learn from, another year to figure yourself out, and a new year to celebrate life.

As the spring semester is about to begin, take this chance to reflect and think about how you can be the best version of yourself that you can be. What’s on your 2018 New Year Resolution List?

Vivian is the current Campus Correspondent and Marketing Director of the Her Campus chapter at F&M, where she has been a member for 3 years. She is a senior at Franklin & Marshall College, studying business and sociology. In her free time, she can be found catching up on TV shows, reading novels, or spending time with her sorority sisters. Her interests include branding, public relations, and marketing.