Movie Review: “Good Kids” (2016)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at F and M chapter.

Good Kids (2016) is a movie about four high school students who dedicated their entire lives on their academics. As a result, they never felt a sense of belonging within their shool community, nor have they experienced the stereotypical expectations of a high school life. As they reach their last summer of high school, Nora, Andy, The Lion and Spice decide to spend their last summer before college embarking on adventures that they have always wanted to do in high school. As a result, friendships were tested and personal identities were found as they learned more about themselves, as well as each other, through their misadventures of high school partying. Starring Zoey Deutch as Nora, Nicholas Braun as Andy, Mateo Arias as The Lion and Israel Broussard as Spice, this movie is a coming-of-age comedy that is relatable to teenagers today of this generation. Not only did this movie depicted the struggles of teenage pressures of sex, drugs and relationships, Good Kids tells the story of the challenges that we all face as we enter a new stage of our lives. Viewers will find themselves relating to various aspects of each character as we have all experienced their rollercoaster of emotions.

*Rating: 4 out of 5 stars

Vivian is the current Campus Correspondent and Marketing Director of the Her Campus chapter at F&M, where she has been a member for 3 years. She is a senior at Franklin & Marshall College, studying business and sociology. In her free time, she can be found catching up on TV shows, reading novels, or spending time with her sorority sisters. Her interests include branding, public relations, and marketing.