Lisa Yang ’17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at F and M chapter.

Name: Ruilin (Lisa) Yang

Year; 2017

HC: Major?

LY: Business and Psychology double major

HC: Hometown?

LY: Shanghai, China

HC: Activities on campus?

LY: F&M Dip Dialer, Ultimate Frisbee, Phi Sigma Pi, Symphonic Wind Ensemble

HC: What is your favorite part about being initiate advisor? What is the most challenging?

LY: My favorite part about being initiate advisor is getting to know my initiates (aka Lil Lambs)! They all have such different personalities that are only expressed after spending to get to know them. It has been wonderful seeing them grow into PSP as they are welcomed into their new families, and I’m excited to see the contributions they will bring into the brotherhood! Best moment with my initiates so far was our group hug. The most challenging aspect of being an initiate advisor is scheduling events because everyone is so busy! It is hard to find a time that will work for everyone so a lot of communication and compromise is involved. We have resolved to meeting on 9pm on Fridays…which is also challenging.

HC: Favorite spot on campus?

LY: Favorite spot on campus is Flavors in LSP because of my commitment to PB&J <3

HC: What is your favorite quote?

LY: “If your dreams don’t scare you, they ain’t big enough” from Dreams by Life of Dillon

HC: What was the greatest trip you’ve been on?

LY: Greatest trip I’ve been on was my senior trip to Thailand. Memorable moments: Whitewater rafting with a guide that liked to flip our raft over, random lizards on our walls (and then being afraid to go to the bathroom), playing UNO in the pool, traveling on tuk tuks, and of course, walks on the beach.

HC: Ben Franklin or John Marshall?

LY: Benjamin Franklin because he’s got better hair.

Cari Lamba is currently a junior at Franklin and Marshall College. She is an English literature major and is a member of the National Honors Fraternity. She loves to read, travel, and anything to do with corgis.
I attend Franklin & Marshall College and am the campus correspondent of the Her Campus chapter here. I also play flute with the Pep Band and Symphonic Wind Ensemble. I am an editor for the Patsy Post, am involved with F&M Unleashed, a member of Mu Upsilon Sigma, and a Brother of Phi Sigma Pi, a co-ed honors fraternity.