This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at F and M chapter.

Name: Kylie Logan

HC: Hometown?

KL: Waldwick, New Jersey (but, I gotta represent my school Horace Mann in Bronx, NY because that was really my home)

HC: Intended major (and minor)?

KL: I just want to learn about things I should know more about, which is super vague, but that’s how I’m coming up with my major. I think I’ll be a join Spanish and International Studies major with a possible Theater minor if I can squeeze it in, and if not, I’m just going to make theater things part of curriculum non-academically!

HC: Favorite quote?

KL: I think my mom said this one. I can’t remember because I know I heard this in a time of emotional strife (I probably was having a middle school breakdown about a fight I got into with a friend) but “It’s far easier to frown than it is to smile,” has actually gotten me through a lot. It’s sort of a simple little mantra I live by. We are all people with a lot of beautiful flaws. Flaws make us angry, because they’re imperfections. Since everyone has flaws, we should be angry all the time, and that’s easy, to just make someone feel bad because they’re not perfect. It’s a lot more difficult, and therefore far more honorable to smile and accept flaws, problems, and challenges in life and build someone up rather than cut them down.

HC: What was it like to be in “One Man, Two Guvnors”?

KL: “One Man, Two Guvnors” was – and I do not say this a lot – life-changing. I have always loved the honesty of theater, and for a while now, I’ve considered pursuing performing and writing for it, but recently, it’s fallen on my list of priorities. Being part of this play both taught me about my own strength and stamina and reinforced why I love the art of theater. It’s real, raw, honest storytelling, and no matter your number of lines, you bow together at the end, because collectively, you’ve created something absolutely beautiful. How could anything be more wonderful than humans art-ing together?

HC: Favorite spot on campus?

KL: It’s the lobby of Roschel theater! Last year, I was an overwhelmed freshman and the quiet of the libraries wasn’t quiet enough for me. So, I retreated on a particularly bad day to the theater and found such comfort in the Roschel couches positioned directly in front of the sun-beamed windows. I sat there alone and could hear some singing coming from one of the nearby drama studios, but there was something so peaceful about being in a place where people do what they love all day long.

HC: What is a typical day like for you?

KL: 8:30am: Wake up

9:15 am: Breakfast with two of my closest pals

10:00am: Latin American Politics or Intro to International Studies

12:00 pm: Shad Library with a sandwich and probably two giant cookies to get me through the reading I didn’t finish the night before

1:00pm: Global Justice or Spanish

2:30pm: Work at the Writer’s House, a magical place

4:30pm: RUMSPRINGA REHEARSAL

6:00pm: Literally fly to Zime for a sandwich

6:30pm: ONE MAN TWO GUVNORS REHEARSAL

10:30pm: Literally fly to Shad to finish an assignment due at midnight

12:00am: Hide from librarians trying to politely ask me to leave the library

12:01am: Leave the library

12:30am: Listen to a pump up playlist to get me ready for my lovely day tomorrow

HC: Heels or flats?

KL: So, heels because YES ya gotta love some good stompin’ around town heels, but actually some cool snazzy flats so I can run places.

HC: How many languages can you speak?

KL: Love this question! I’m going to say one, because I am THIS close to Spanish fluency, but not there yet, and I am THIS close to understanding German, but I’m working on it. 

HC: Any strange habits?

KL: My days are always extremely busy, so before bed, I always smell this little lavender potpourri I bought for a dollar at Building Character downtown, and I convince myself it makes me more zen.

HC: What are your pet peeves?

KL: Passive aggression! None of that! I use it too, but wow, it’s the worst kind of thing.

HC: Ben or John?

KL: I’m closer with Ben, I’d say.

Vivian is the current Campus Correspondent and Marketing Director of the Her Campus chapter at F&M, where she has been a member for 3 years. She is a senior at Franklin & Marshall College, studying business and sociology. In her free time, she can be found catching up on TV shows, reading novels, or spending time with her sorority sisters. Her interests include branding, public relations, and marketing.
Karolina Heleno is a student at Franklin and Marshall College majoring in Creative Writing and minoring in Women and Gender Studies. She currently serves as the Communications Intern with the YWCA of Lancaster.