International Bonaza

F&M showcased its multicultural community at the first International Bonanza. Around the college center, student clubs such as the Asian Cultural Society cooked their own ethnic cuisines. Samples from Vietnam, Mexico, and India were particularly tasty. Talking to each club gave insight into the diverse cultural backgrounds of F&M students. Crafty Indian students drew elaborate Henna tattoos. The performances began with an azonto flashmob, celebrating Ghana’s Independence Day. Other performers included the rhythmic African Drumming Group, German singer: Michael Malloy, Dip’n Steppers, the West African Dance Class, spicy tango dancer Vicky Rodriguez, and karaoke singer Emmanuel Arthur.

Kristina is a senior HerCampus writer at the beautiful Franklin and Marshall College located in Lancaster, PA. For the last two years, she has been writing for the F&M chapter of HerCampus. Her other campus activities include tutoring for the physics department, editing the yearbook, and DJing for the WFNM radio station. Kristina graduates this year with a major in Astrophysics and minor in Applied Mathematics. She aspires to take her writing and science skills, and become a researcher in the field of atmospheric science.