An Insider’s Perspective: Fall Fest 2015

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at F and M chapter.
To commence the start of fall, F&M’s annual fall fest was held on Hartman Green this weekend. The festivities began promptly at 1:00 PM and ended at 5:00 PM.  The festival drew a variety of artists, such as Jbre x Dougie Kent, an energetic rap duo from Lancaster, Pennsylvania, and Steel City Sunrise, a dynamic folk-rock band from Bethlehem, Pennsylvania.   Both artists highlighted their unique talents and were supported by the crowd. However, the festival also featured a  crowd-pulling performance by Stolen Jars, an indie-folk band from Montclair, New Jersey. The concert, which was free for all F&M students, featured an array of food trucks and exciting activities.  Most certainly, the festival was an energizing break for F&M students and the greater community as they look forward to the coming season.

I attend Franklin & Marshall College and am the campus correspondent of the Her Campus chapter here. I also play flute with the Pep Band and Symphonic Wind Ensemble. I am an editor for the Patsy Post, am involved with F&M Unleashed, a member of Mu Upsilon Sigma, and a Brother of Phi Sigma Pi, a co-ed honors fraternity.