How to Spend Valentine’s Day in Lanc

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at F and M chapter.

Planning the perfect Valentine’s Day can be stressful.  It can be particularly stressful when you’re living in central Pennsylvania. But there should be no need to stress, there are plenty of Valentine’s Day date options right here in Lancaster.

1. Brunch at Rachel’s

Rachel’s is the ideal place for a Valentine’s date with your significant other or even your girl gang. It’s a low key atmosphere and super cozy, plus they have a sweetheart special with yummy pre-fix deals, even better the prices aren’t that bad at all!

1. Lancaster Cupcake

Let’s be honest, Lanc Cupcake is what puts us on the map, and probs a hella good reason for why we all applied here, the promise of the cupcake truck! So take your sweetheart for a mid-afternoon walk around downtown after classes/practice and end your stroll with a sweet treat, or share one of heir famous cupcake ice-cream sundaes, definitely worth it!

1. Rolled Cold Creamery

The hottest thing in every major city is the rolled ice cream phenomenon. Luckily Lanc is rising to the occasion and one opened up right next to Himalayan! Especially since Valentines hits us in the middle of the week, and with mid-terms fast approaching, instead of sending flirty snaps next to each other in shad go take a quick break and you defiantly won’t regret it.

1. The Pressroom

The classiest option. If it’s close to a special anniversary, or you just need a treat yo’ self-kind of night, the Pressroom definitely won’t let you down. Probably the nicest restaurant downtown, the intimate atmosphere, and an impressive local menu will make you feel super cosmopolitan, that is until the next day when you look in your kitchen and all you have is an easy mac, at least you can say it was all worth it.

1. See a movie

A short UBER ride away is Regal Cinemas on Millersville Pike. A huge theater with all the major blockbusters… FYI the 3rd installment of 50 Shades comes out on the 9th (wink, wink). And the best part, they have those recliner seats!!!

"People will stare. Make it worth their while." -Harry Winston 
Vivian is the current Campus Correspondent and Marketing Director of the Her Campus chapter at F&M, where she has been a member for 3 years. She is a senior at Franklin & Marshall College, studying business and sociology. In her free time, she can be found catching up on TV shows, reading novels, or spending time with her sorority sisters. Her interests include branding, public relations, and marketing.