HC F&M Goes to Her Conference

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at F and M chapter.

So for all of you readers who weren’t at this year’s Her Conference (#HerConference) or weren’t eagerly watching our non-stop Facebook and Twitter posts, here’s a lovely recap of one of my FAVORITE weekends of the year!

Day 1: Saturday, July 12:

So for starters, I, your humble CC, went to the conference with one of our team members, Molly Sulds. There’s the two of us in the photo above. Aren’t we cool? We started off the day in the beautiful Columbia University Faculty House with SUPER AWESOME AMAZING goodie bags with gifts from amazing sponsors like eff.Y.bee, Chloe + Isabel, Simon and Schuster, SoulCycle, Victoria’s Secret PINK, Le Sportsac, and so many others. I came home with so many goodies, it’s incredible.

We also had the opportunity to win an Intel tablet and also take Intel Selfies. Here’s ours from Day 1:

Not going to lie, taking an Intel selfie was a lot of fun. Speaking of selfies, here is one of us getting all super excited for Day 1 of the conference:

Sorry it’s sideways folks! Slight formatting issues here. Nonetheless, look at our super excited faces!

The panels were fantastic, and I even got to see my cousin, Alanna Gregory, speak as a panelist at the conference. I found her to be amazingly inspiring and interesting. Alanna is one of the founders of VIVE, an online marketplace for hair and beauty appointments. Way to go, Alanna!

There was also a delicious Chobani breakfast and Chipotle lunch, so a major thank you and shout out to those sponsors as well! Not to mention there were super cute and super delicious mini cupcakes for a surprise snack!

I also learned a lot about things that can be done to make our content more interesting, so look out world! HC F&M’s content come this fall is going to take the world by storm.

One of the coolest things about Day 1 was getting to meet the founders of Her Campus. We even got a photo with them! We’re inf&mous! HC F&M pride all the way!

And that capped off a super exciting Day 1! Now on to Day 2!

Day 2: Sunday, July 13:

This was our official Day 2 selfie! We were up early again but so ready to rock this conference for Day 2, which was for Her Campus readers. I was really impressed by the morning speaker, Susan Kaufman of People Style Watch, who once worked at the same magazine (Mademoiselle) that my mom once worked at! It was too cool!

I also loved the panels of Day 2, where I got to hear about some entry-level editorial positions, and also a workshop on how to eat healthy in college. That workshop, which had a registered nutritionist on board, was so helpful and so interesting. Who knew it was possible to eat healthy in Dhall?

On Day 2, after eyeing the eff.Y.bee jewelry bar for a while, I finally decided to get a nice bracelet to stack with one I already had on! Here’s the look (the one on top is my new one thanks to eff.Y.bee):

Isn’t it SOOO pretty? When the girls at the eff.Y.bee station suggested this bracelet and said it reminded them of Frozen, I knew I was hooked. Not going to lie, I’m a HUGE Disney fan. No shame. I highly recommend checking out some of eff.Y.bee’s jewelry on their site, because it is just so super pretty!

We also really wanted to get an Intel tablet, so we decided for another Intel selfie. This time, we decided to go with the theme of putting Her Campus F&M on the map!

One of the nice surprises of Day 2 was ANOTHER free goodie bag. When I walked in that morning, they told me that since I had gotten a goodie bag the day before, I wasn’t going to get another one. However, I got super lucky and they had some leftover at the end, so I managed to score a second one! AH GOTTA LOVE ALL THE FREE GOODIES! I may or may not be obsessed with free things.

Both days had a social currency station, where if you tagged sponsors in posts and also added the hashtag #HerConference, you would get entries into a raffle drawing for awesome prizes from the sponsors. So I’m sorry for blowing up everyone’s Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram over the weekend. Actually…#sorrynotsorry. However, the hashtag #HerConference was trending on Twitter, so it was all worth it.

Here’s me at Day 2:

I am SO proud to be a part of Her Campus and to lead Her Campus F&M and represent Her Campus F&M at the conference. I highly recommend everyone in the NYC area attend next summer.

Thanks Her Campus and all of the sponsors for a great weekend!

HCXO!

Along with being the Her Campus Franklin and Marshall Campus Correspondent, I am also the editor-in-chief of Epilogue, F&M's literary Magazine, Staff Writer for The College Reporter, F&M's student newspaper, and a very active member of Phi Sigma Pi National Honor Fraternity. When not hard at work, you can find me writing, reading, geeking out over Disney movies with my friends, or doing art projects.