Hannah Weissler ’15

Hometown: Winnetka, Illinois

Major: Anthropology and Dance

Activities on Campus: Dance Company, Environmental Action Alliance, F&M Players, Alpha Phi, Just Say Yes Dance Improvisation Group, Tour Guide, PIT, Alumni Leaders of Tomorrow

What is your favorite thing about F&M? I love that at F&M there are so many opportunities to get involved and become a leader on campus.

What inspires you to dance? Everything inspires me to dance! Dance is expression. It stimulates me intellectually, challenging to me to think about ideas at a deeper level.

What has been your favorite performance at F&M? My freshman year I performed in Haven, an independent project choreographed by Ali Strohm. It was performed in the Herman Arts building and was choreographed in a way that the audience was moved through the space by the dance.  I also have loved performing in Sentinals, a piece by Pamela Vail, which was performed at the most recent F&M Dance Company Fall Dance Concert.

Finals tip? Bring a lot of snacks to Shad, but don’t eat anything too crunchy because everybody will hate you!

Ben or John? John. I always root for the underdog.

I am currently a senior at Franklin and Marshall College in the picturesque city of Lancaster, PA. I am a Spanish and History major and I'm excited to be a writer for HerCampus F&M. I love finding new and interesting ways to design nails and always share it with others. I also love all things of adventurous and exotic natures, stories, art, and cute boys (let's not forget what we really are checking on HerCampus).