Dan Freire ’14

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at F and M chapter.

Name: Daniel Freire

Hometown: Berkeley Heights, NJ

Year: 2014

Major: Business, Organizations, and Society

Activities on Campus: Delta Sigma Phi, Club Ice Hockey, Sustainability Committee Member

Relationship Status: Single

Describe yourself in 3 words? Determined, Adventurous, Loyal

Where do you see yourself in ten years? Moving with my (future) wife and (future) kids out to Colorado. Working as a sustainability coordinator for a large company, or getting involved with local politics. Maybe open up my own gym if I’m lucky.

What would you want in an ideal mate? Someone who loves life and loves who they are. There’s only one “you” out there, so embrace who you are. Also, a girl who’s down for trying new things, who puts others before herself, and constantly works to better herself are my favorite qualities. And if she can cook, she’ll pretty much win my heart in a second.

Favorite food? Steak, there’s nothing quite like a perfectly cooked steak.

Favorite place you’ve visited? Rome, Italy. Some of the best food I’ve ever had along with the most impressive architecture I’ve ever seen.

Favorite cute small animal? Baby hedgehogs melt my heart.

Favorite sport to watch/play? Ice Hockey. It’s fast and the players hit hard, what’s not to like?

What’s your favorite childhood memory? Being up in Western Massachusetts at my grandparents lake house. We would fish and swim all day long. I don’t have a lot of family in the North so its nice when we get together.

If you were a superhero what powers would you have? Super strength, speed, and flight are a must. I’m kind of a superhero nerd, so I won’t go into further detail here to save myself the embarrassment.

If you won the lottery what would you do with the money? I would definitely like to use some to start up my own business. I’d use the rest of the money to better some of the struggling school systems in New Jersey. It’s really important for kids to have access to a good education.

What’s your favorite film and why? Probably Remember the Titans. I watch it pretty much anytime I see it on. I’m not big into football, but I get into the brotherly bonding that evolves in a town that’s pretty culturally divided.

What has been your favorite class on campus these past four years? Business Law or Marketing. Honestly, Professor Churchville and Professor Podoshen can make me laugh so hard I cry. Why is Dan are our campus cutie this week? Well Dan is a remarkably attractive, funny and intelligent person. He’s easy to work with and always has a smile on his face.

Along with being the Her Campus Franklin and Marshall Campus Correspondent, I am also the editor-in-chief of Epilogue, F&M's literary Magazine, Staff Writer for The College Reporter, F&M's student newspaper, and a very active member of Phi Sigma Pi National Honor Fraternity. When not hard at work, you can find me writing, reading, geeking out over Disney movies with my friends, or doing art projects.