The Best Bars in Lancaster

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at F and M chapter.

Lancaster is filled with some great bars anyone over the age of 21 should check out. No matter what kind of scene you like, you can definitely find it somewhere. The bars have decent hours and pretty good specials most nights. Some even have weekly live music or karaoke! Check out these top five.

Tellus360

Tellus is an awesome Irish whiskey bar that has three stories and a rooftop bar. This bar is a favorite for F&M senior nights, where students take over the rooftop and get stunning views of Lancaster city, especially the lights of the Marriott next door. You can order food and hang out at some of the tables on the roof or even play a game of cornhole!

Yorgo’s

This bar is more low-key and is a couple blocks away from Tellus. There are great nightly specials and a dance floor on the lower level. They even do karaoke sometimes! I went here with a few of my friends to watch the national spelling bee and I’ve never seen bar patrons more interested in a contest. The long tables here are perfect for large groups of friends to sit at.

Brendee’s

Brendee’s is an F&M favorite that’s been around for a long time. There’s a food and drink special every night. Brendee’s is famous for their wing nights, which fall on Tuesdays, while trivia night is a Wednesday. Get a group of your friends together and enjoy an awesome time, either sitting at the bar or in the dining area.

The Brickyard

This place is a favorite of my friends and me. We go nearly every Tuesday for wing and trivia night. There’s even karaoke afterwards, though we usually can’t stay that late! The staff is great and the atmosphere is pretty cool – it’s in an old warehouse and has a huge space where tables are set up. Sometimes some of the tables are even cleared away so patrons can dance!

Altana

Altana is one of the newest bars to come to Lancaster. Located on the top two floors of the building between Tellus and Annie Bailey’s on King Street, Altana has been an instant success. There’s almost always a line of people stretching down the block, waiting to get into the building. Take the stairs or the elevator up a few flights and hang out in the bar/dancefloor area or on the rooftop where you can look out over the city.

I attend Franklin & Marshall College and am the campus correspondent of the Her Campus chapter here. I also play flute with the Pep Band and Symphonic Wind Ensemble. I am an editor for the Patsy Post, am involved with F&M Unleashed, a member of Mu Upsilon Sigma, and a Brother of Phi Sigma Pi, a co-ed honors fraternity.