6 Restaurants You Have to Visit Before Graduating from F&M

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at F and M chapter.

Unfortunately, so many F&M students don’t realize the large number of great restaurants in Lancaster. During your four years at F&M, you have plenty of time to try these six fantastic restaurants, which are good testaments to the incredible cuisine available in the city. While there are definitely many more restaurants you should try beyond these six, they’re a good place to start, plus you get to help out local businesses!

1. Silantra

Barely a year old, Silantra moved in at the corner across the street from Lancaster Courthouse. This cool place offers incredibly fresh ingredients and a food that isn’t found anywhere else in Lancaster – an Asian burrito. The wrap is a scallion pancake wrap and can be filled with shrimp, chicken, beef, or mushroom and then you choose the rest of your toppings. There’s even a small bar to the side of the burrito station, where you can get some wine!

2. The Pressroom

This restaurant is more upscale than some others, so it’s a little pricey. Maybe save this for a date, to celebrate a birthday, or when your parents visit! They have great appetizers and a beautiful dining room. If the weather’s nice, you can even sit outside in their courtyard that is hidden away behind some buildings and has trees and a little waterfall.

3. Chop Sushi

Chop Sushi just got to Lancaster this past summer and has become an instant hit with F&M students. In a Chipotle-style line, you choose what kind of bowl you want (hibachi or sushi) then pick what goes into it. You end up with a delicious sushi bowl – I recommend a side of wasabi aioli to dip your rice into!

4. Annie Bailey’s

This restaurant has been a personal favorite of mine since freshmen year. My friends and I often go here to celebrate birthdays and they have incredible Irish food in large portions. On Fridays, they have a $3 jack special, so if you go for a late dinner, you can stay and celebrate the night.

5. Campus Grille

Though Campus Grille is no longer a short walk away from campus, it’s still worth the trip. It’s located next to the beer store, near Kmart, and looks the same on the inside! They have a huge menu and a student special on fries, so take some time to visit.

6. Federal Taphouse

With over 100 beers on tap and an absolutely incredible menu, Federal Taphouse is definitely a must. Their fish tacos and personal pizzas are mouth-watering and they have trivia every Tuesday night. Head here with your friends for a great time.

I attend Franklin & Marshall College and am the campus correspondent of the Her Campus chapter here. I also play flute with the Pep Band and Symphonic Wind Ensemble. I am an editor for the Patsy Post, am involved with F&M Unleashed, a member of Mu Upsilon Sigma, and a Brother of Phi Sigma Pi, a co-ed honors fraternity.