6 Places You Definitely Want to Go to for Spring Break
1. Greenland – You can enjoy the picturesque glaciers and permafrost. Take a dogsledding tour of some of the tundra. You might even be lucky enough to see the Northern lights if you stay out late enough!
2. Alaska – Many people forget about what an amazing spring break location Alaska can be! There are beautiful forests and with hiking trails, all in the shadow of snowcapped mountains. You might also be lucky and get a chance to see some grizzly bears. Or stay in an igloo for a night!
3. Antarctica – If you spend your spring break here, you’ll be able to say you were on the continent that the least amount of people have been on! Very few ever get the opportunity to travel to Antarctica. You’ll get to see some Emperor penguins and can wander around the icy tundra with amazing ice formations.
4. Siberia – Head to Northern Russia for spring break. You’ll be able to stop in Moscow on the way and learn about Russian culture. You can definitely see the Northern lights here and maybe even spend a night in a native village. If you’re wandering through the woods, you could even spot a tiger! Make a stop at one of the hot spring resorts in the area.
5. Fraser, Colorado – Another place that is a little closer than Antarctica or Siberia. Fraser sits at an elevation of 8550 ft in the Rocky Mountains. While few people live there, it’s incredibly close to a ski resort, so you can hit the slopes while you’re in spring break.
6. International Falls, Minnesota – Situated at the northern-most tip of Minnesota, on the line between Canada and the US, International Falls is a quaint little town. Spend some time looking at the local waterfalls, which might even be frozen while you’re there!