Why You Should Channel Your Inner Kim K

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter chapter.

Love her or hate her, these days it seems you really can’t escape Kim Kardashian, whether it’s her latest instagram controversy, or her nine seasons of reality TV show, she’s everywhere. The marmite of the celebrity world, people seem to adore her or despise her, but whatever you think, we at HCX think this diva is channelling some life lessons that we could all learn from (no- not the sex tape part). Here’s 5 things you can do to eminate her success…

1. Confidence (unsuprisingly!)

As we all know, Kim loves herself. She’s always taking selfies, posting on social media, and bombarding us with her confidence. Would you post a naked photo of yourself on Instagram for billions of people to see? We wouldn’t! And while we’re not suggesting that you do this- being proud of your body is something that you should be.

Loving yourself in every situation is something we can all aspire to. Kim doesn’t listen to the haters or let them get her down (and believe us- she has a lot!), focussing on being 100% down for yourself can only be a good thing.

2. Making the best of a bad situation

Now, when we say Kim Kardashian, the first thing a lot of people think of is the sex tape. Even today, all of her Tweets and Instagrams are hounded by people calling her a slut or a whore. Does Kim let that bother her? We can hazard a guess at not one bit.

Kim used the embarassment and shame of having an intimate tape of herself against her to create something good. Many people slam her for riding off the back of that for her fame, we prefer to see it as making the best of a bad situation. Sorry Ray Jay that your attempt to shut up and humiliate a young girl actuallly backfired and she’d now more famous than you. Actually, scrap that, we’re not sorry. 

3. Savvy business woman

Let’s face it, Kim is good at what she does. The fact that you can’t hide from her, no matter how hard you try, is a compliment to her strong brand. Whilst running the store line DASH, appearing in her own TV series, and multiple interviews and magazine covers, it’s safe to say she knows how to work the industry. 

Pretty and rich? Now there’s someting to aspire to! 

4. Her attitude to family

Life can be busy and stressful at times, but Kim’s family are always around to support her. The Kardashians as a whole clearly show how they’re always there for one another. Their family has been through a lot but whatever the sisters are dealing with, the rest of the clan is always right behind them. Kim’s focus on her family is something we can all aspire too. Sure the girls fight, but at the end of the day, we know they love each other. 

Go on, give your mum a ring…

So there we have it. Whether you’re a true Kardashian fan, or can’t bear themyou have to admit, there are some qualities of Kim K we could all benefit from having…