What’s The Big Deal With Beyoncé?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter chapter.

Beyoncé’s performance during the half-time break of the Super Bowl in New Orleans last week indeed wowed the nation. The question should really be what isn’t the big deal with this show stopping, powerful, and last but not least, truly beautiful, performer? We at HCX though this was a window for us to take note of how wonderful this celebrity really is.

Her electrifying performance and choreography at the Super Bowl was welcomed by ear splitting screams from the audience, and made you stop to think about the ratio of football fans to Beyoncé fans in that audience… The cheers were second to none. Her dancing was, as always, fierce, raucous and daring, but because she is Beyoncé, of course she pulled it off and got away with thrusting her hips towards every angle of the Super Bowl audience.

Her husband Jay Z stood in the stands watching proudly, whilst his voice boomed out through the speakers when he rapped the opening to her performance of Crazy In Love. Probably one of the most popular and famous couples in show business, this superstar duo welcomed their first child into the world in January of this year, Blue Ivy Carter, completing the image of quite the perfect triplet family. After taking a maternity year off, Beyoncé is on the comeback trail in 2013 and the Super Bowl performance was her window… I think we can all agree that she used every second of it to her advantage! Most girls were far more interested in her incredible performance than anything to do with the American sportsmen throwing a ball around…

Her appearance on all of our television screens last week paves the way perfectly for the release of her tour tickets, due to be released on the 23rd February – Put it in your diary girls! Beyoncé really doesn’t stop for anything. And those of you with O2 network, get on your priority moments! Her 2013 tour, The Miss Carter Show World Tour, is sure to sell out in minutes if not seconds, and will be the experience of a life time. And so it should be – this incredible performer is one of the most talented and well-loved singers, songwriters, dancers and actresses of our time. With a lot of celebrities, there is divided opinion over them as a person because of how they appear on chat shows, the kind of music they produce, and many other reasons that people formulate to create a like or dislike for someone. Beyoncé Giselle Knowles-Carter, however, is loved by all.

Even if her music isn’t to everyone’s tastes, her kind and charismatic nature, and her ability to not appear splashed all over Heat! or Star  with some sob story presents her as a level headed and content individual, who is happy and successful with her family and career due to all her hard work. She is usually a very private person, but in her new documentary Life Is But A Dream, she shares all the intimate details about her dream life for the first time. Beyoncé wasn’t wholly confident about the idea of a documentary at the première, but her Mother believes this documentary is one of the highlights of her career. She thinks it really reflects her growth as a person and how hard she has worked to get where she is now.

A role model to us all, Beyoncé consistently presents a positive mental attitude and just keeps churning out world hit records that we will all know the lyrics to after a couple of nights out. She is, HCX concludes, a legend.

Photo credits –

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multi…

http://www.entertainment-focus…

http://s1.ibtimes.com/sites/ww…

http://assets.rollingstone.com…

Georgia is in her third year at Exeter studying English and French Law. Last year she headed the Culture team as Local Culture editor, informing all of our lovely readers about the best events and places to explore in this beautiful city. She may have taken off her cultural clogs, but she is still heavily involved in Her Campus Exeter, leading the team as joint President with Florence Christie this year.When she isn’t slaving away at French law, or updating her Tumblr of pretty pictures stolen from other more committed bloggers, she can be spotted in the Forum sipping a hazlenut laté, whilst feeling guilty for said indulgence and Instagramming pictures of Costa cups. When day turns to night, Monday Arena is generally a favourite haunt or when she is feeling particularly edgy you may find her by the quayside at Cellar Door embracing her inner Cara Delvigne- thougbts of Costa on her mind! Although she never says no to a night in with her girls, watching chick flicks- preferably involving Ed Westwick.At the end of this year,  Georgia will continue to pursue her career as a lawyer, saying goodbye to rainy Britain and Bonjour to très chic France, where she will be completing the final year of her degree. Continuing to follow her mantra of work hard play hard, I wouldn’t be surprised if in in no time this girl could give Legally Blonde Elle Brooks a run for her money.