This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter chapter.

You might not have got to go to Her Campus’ Christmas Dinner (poor you!) but that doesn’t mean you can’t have a sneaky peek at what we wore on the night. If you’re in serious need of outfit inspiration for the festive season then look no further!

Kate:

I wore this black lace detail dress from Urban Outfitters – it has a sleek outline and it’s a brilliant fit for girls with hips! I teamed it with simple smoky eyes. I used a base of brown eye shadow (Mac) and blended in a matt black eye shadow (Mac again!) on top. Finally I added some black gel eyeliner to the bottom eyelid for dramatic eyes!

Jess:

After a frantic few nights scrolling through clothes websites, I realised I could not justify buying myself another dress. Instead I recycled this little black ASOS number from the summer after realising how festive it was with its green, red and gold beaded band and sheer skirt layer. My regret of the evening is wearing black tights. I now wish I had made the effort to tan and generally glamourise my legs and get them out to play! I finished the look with black wedged high heels (always a safe choice when not sure what terrain you will be tackling on the evening).

Alice:

I really wanted to be sparkly as it was a Christmas dinner so I did not even consider a dress unless it had sequins or gems on it. I bought the dress especially for the dinner and wore it with black tights. Sticking with the theme of my outfit, I opted for gold eye shadow and sparkly bronzer on top of my standard foundation, powder and blush. It was a great night and all the Her Campus girls looked incredible!

Amy:

I decided to give a nod to the festive season with a sequined dress from H&M, which is perfect for getting in the Christmassy mood! I went for nude makeup to suit the dress and used fake tan to prevent the pale colour washing me out. I kept my jewelry simple to let the sparkles do the talking, accessorising only with a glass of wine – the perfect accompaniment to any party dress!