What To Read If You’re Already Obsessed With Daisy Jones & The Six

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter chapter.

If (like me) you’ve found yourself flying through the latest episodes of Prime Video’s Daisy Jones & The Six – a no-expense-spared adaptation of Taylor Jenkins Reid’s bestselling novel – you might be looking for something similar to occupy your time before the next episodes drop. To help you out, I’ve rounded up a collection of books that are also set in the dizzying world of music-making, which balance complicated relationships with chart-topping success…

The Final Revival of Opal & Nev by Dawnie Walton

When an iconic rock duo plan to reunite for one last tour, a music journalist seizes the chance to curate an oral history about her idols. As the interviews dig deeper, dark and unexpected secrets are unearthed.

Songs in Ursa Major by Emma Brodie

After a famous singer is injured in an accident, local musician Jane Quinn is asked to take his place at a music festival. Despite a rocky start, Jane delivers the performance of a lifetime.

The People We Keep by Allison Larkin

A young songwriter longs to find a life that’s all hers. As she moves through the world, she chronicles her journey in the songs she writes, realising that her past doesn’t have to dictate her future.

Kiss Me, Catalina by Priscilla Oliveras

An ambitious singer gets the chance of a lifetime when she joins a superstar mariachi on his concert tour. When the duo hits the road, the sparks don’t just fly – they detonate.

Mary Jane by Jessica Anya Blau

A teenager becomes caught between her strait-laced parents & the progressive family she nannies for – who happen to be secretly hiding a famous rock star and his movie star wife for the summer.

The Girl With Stars in Her Eyes by Xio Axelrod

When Toni B tries out for the hottest new band in the country, she’s surprised to find one of the decision-makers to be her former friend who broke his promise to escape their small town together.

Fast Lane by Kristen Ashley

Led by their tortured lead singer/ songwriter and guided by his muse, the Roadmasters journey to become one of the most enduring bands in history, inciting myths and rumours in their wake.

The Songbook of Benny Lament by Amy Harmon

When Benny writes a hit song and gets powerhouse vocalist Esther to perform it with him, their collaboration thrusts the duo onto the national stage, stirring up old issues and unwanted scrutiny.

How to Kill a Rock Star by Tiffanie Debartolo

When Bananafish is signed by a big corporate label, the lead singer’s girlfriend makes a heartbreaking decision that leads to his sudden disappearance.

A psychology student who loves all things fashion, film and fiction