What to Buy for the Music Fanatic in your Life this Christmas

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter chapter.

Struggling for gift ideas for a music lover this year? This list has a variety of options, perfect for all price points and lovers of all music genres! 

Concert Tickets

Starting with a pricier idea, concert tickets are a fantastic gift for any music fan. Tickets are especially great if you have a shared favourite artist with the recipient, as you can experience the gig together. However, this can get even more expensive when you factor in transport and hotel costs, so isn’t the most student-friendly, but I think this is a great choice for a partner or a close friend! 

Record / cd

If your recipient loves to collect vinyl records or CDs, why not get them a special edition version of one of their favourites! These are great for collectors and make a lovely gift for anyone who loves to listen to physical music. 

christmas decorations

If you’re a bit of a dab hand at crafts, try making your own Christmas decorations to give as gifts this year. I’ve seen people use Hama Beads to make vinyl record tree baubles, or you could make different music notes or even album covers! (You can also buy these on sites like Etsy if, like me, you’re too lazy to make it yourself!) 

spotify keychain

Why not buy a keychain that creates a QR-like music code which you can scan on Spotify and it will take you to a song/album/ playlist? These are super cute; my boyfriend got me one of these for our first Christmas together with the QR code to ‘our song’ (cringe, I know). you could even make them a playlist and put the link on the keychain – a modern day version of a mixtape. 

music quiz games

This is a great idea for family members, especially those you’ll be seeing over the Christmas break, as you can all sit down together and play the game. Or, buy for a flatmate if you love sitting down for a games night. I’ve seen lots of different games focused on different decades, genres, or even specific artists, so there’s something for everyone. 

merch

Whether it’s from the official store, urban outfitters, or a charity shop, no music fan would be disappointed with merch for one of their favourite artists. I usually look on Vinted and DEPOP for old tour T-shirts, but lots of places on the high street also sell merchandise, which is a great gift to give this Christmas. 

I hope this has given you some inspiration for Christmas gifts this year. Some of these suggestions are a bit more generic, but sometimes the best ideas are staring you right in the face. Merry Christmas! 

Abi Manley

Exeter '25

Hi, I'm Abi! I'm a Sociology student who loves reading, music and cooking.