What HCX Got Up To During Freshers Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter chapter.

Here at HCX we had an amazing time during Freshers’ Week! Here’s a quick round up of what us girls got up to!

We teamed up in pairs and went around flyering on campus, from the forum to the halls telling girls what we did and about HCX and trying to get as many of them to come to our social on the Friday. It was great opportunity to get our name out there, especially in our lovely new committee polos and to meet the new girls on committee.

We also had a portable nail bar! Fran and Marina were doing free manicures in the forum, which attracted a lot of attention from girls. Who could say no to getting their nails done for free?! This also gave us the opportunity to talk to girls about HCX and what we do, which was great as not many freshers had heard of us before!

We then had our first social on the Friday at Hole in the Wall and then went onto Timepiece, it was lovely to meet so many new girls who were interested in what we do and to give them a taste of what our socials will be like this year!

We then had a fantastic response at the Freshers Fair, so many girls signed up and we can’t wait to get to know our new team better! Each girl was given a goody bag which included a £5 voucher from Purity Boutique Spa, a lanyard, a lipstick from Glossybox, a teapigs teabag, a free coffee voucher from Ruby Burgers, a pen and leaflets from Breast Cancer Care (50p per sign up went to this charity too), a discount code from My Flash Trash, an Arena card and samples from the Body Shop with a voucher. Thank you to all of the companies that donated items to our goody bags- they were incredible. 

We also had a Ruby Burgers competition going on Facebook throughout the week, which had a great response. Congratulations to Georgina Bowie who won the meal for 2 worth £40!

Thanks to all the girls who signed up and all those who helped out! Lets hope we can be even more successful and make it the best year yet for HCX! We can’t wait to see what this year will bring with lots more events, brand partnerships and of course amazing articles!  

Beth is a third year Law LLB student at the University of Exeter and is one of the Marketing Deputy Directors, specifically; the deputy for Brands. Alongside her degree Beth enjoys spending time with friends and wasting money in Topshop and Costa. She is also keen to follow many of the other HCX girls in setting up a fashion and beauty blog over Summer. Having been on the committee for marketing last year and helping to organising numerous Her Campus Events, she is very much looking forward to working with the HCX girls again next year! 
Lauren is the President/Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus Exeter, as well as the Manager of UK Expansion and a National Writer for HerCampus.com. While she has worked with Her Campus Exeter it has achieved Pink Chapter Level status and has grown to its current status as one of the most successful chapters internationally. She's determined to grow Her Campus in the UK this year and so is looking foward to working on increasing the number of HC UK chapters and to helping the established chapters improve and develop. This summer she was lucky enough to intern in the Her Campus Head Office in Boston, and had the most amazing time -- any time she can go back, she will! In her spare time Lauren loves to play tennis, catch up with her friends, go for long walks in the Scottish countryside or to watch chick-flicks under her duvet. You can follow her on Twitter and Instagram @laurenhudson25.