Weekly Wanderlust: Laguna Colorada, Bolivia

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter chapter.

We all need that five minutes of escapism when life gets a little hard. So whether you just can’t concentrate on that essay, your housemates arguing over the milk is getting too much for you or you just need a five minute time out, here at HCX we have the perfect little escape. So sit back, keep reading and satisfy your wanderlust quota, this week in Laguna Colorada, Bolivia.

Satisfied?

This incredible lake in Bolivia is one to add to your bucket list pronto! The water appears to be different colours at different times of the day, sometimes looking purple, sometimes blue, sometimes green and often the most vivid shade of red. Mingle with the flamingos and see you if you spot any alpacas as you take in the breathtaking views. If you’re heading to South America soon, be sure to visit Laguna Colorada, which is often overshadowed by the nearby Uyuni Salt Flats, but here at HCX we think that this lake is just that little bit more spectacular. 

If there’s one reason to go it’s to get that desktop background that’s sure to impress everyone in your tutorials. 

Now… back to reality collegiettes!

photo credits: pintrest.com 

HCX Travel Editor 2015-16 Georgina is a final year Modern Languages student at the University of Exeter. Currently studying French, Spanish and Portuguese, Georgina loves to travel and has worked in Spain, France and Portugal, as well as having just travelled around South America. Full of stories, hints and tips for the keen student traveller, Georgina can't wait to get involved with HCX and help to inspire wanderlust in all of the readers.