This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter chapter.

Hi, I’m Nerissa – welcome to the Week in the Life series! I study Liberal Arts and major in Film and TV. This year I’m also taking some sociology modules to keep things interesting. As an LA student, I can almost guarantee I have a completely unique timetable which is pretty exciting! So, here’s a week in my life:

Monday:

My day starts at 9 ready for my 10:35 lecture on War and Visual Media. Before I leave, I try and make sure I have some breakfast. Usually, I’ll have some homemade cold brew with oat milk (very #exetah) and some cereal. Before I leave, I quickly post a drafted post on Instagram to tease the alumni week we have coming up.

After my lecture I have three hours before my screening, so I go to the library and use that time to do the reading for the week. With that done, I also prepare more content for the alumni week on Instagram and upload the first post to start things off.

Once my screening ends, my classes are done, so I head back to the Forum to see if I can narrow down some dissertation ideas before going home. I find it easier to work on campus, so I try and stay up there as long as possible. By the time I’m back it’s about 6:30 and Monday’s over!

Tuesday:

It’s another 9 o’clock start for my seminar this morning, which carries on from the lecture and screening yesterday. It’s pretty helpful having things timetabled this way as it means I can focus on film the first half of the week and sociology the next.

After my film seminar is finished, I have an hour before my Cybercrime class, so I try and find some food on campus, although the shelves are basically stripped bare by 12:30. Once my class is over, I go back to the library to do the reading. There’s quite a lot to get through and I’m not entirely into it, so I take a break before moving on to another project.

I already know that I probably won’t finish the Cybercrime reading today so I plan to do it tomorrow as I don’t have any classes on Wednesdays. Today isn’t as productive as I hoped it would be but instead of forcing myself to get work done, I walk home in the drizzle, make myself a cup of tea and watch some New Girl. The rain’s only getting heavier, so I catch up on writing this as I know I’ll enjoy it and I’ll be able to cross something off my list and finish off the day with a bit of Bake Off.

Wednesday:

Today is a no-class day so I have a bit of a lie-in. The first order of business is to finish the reading from yesterday because I know if I don’t do it in the morning, I probably won’t do it at all. Reading done, I have some lunch (leek and potato soup, yum) and figure out what to have for dinner. I have a dance class this evening and I’ll want something easy for when I get back, so I go for leftover tomato feta pasta from yesterday evening, which tastes good hot or cold.

I have a committee meeting for Her Campus, so I head up to uni and meet with the rest of the group to brainstorm some ideas and have a general catch-up. After the meeting, I stay on campus to finish up some general tasks and cross some things off my to-do list. When I get home I have a quick snack and get changed before heading back to the Lemmy for my dance class. And that’s Wednesday done!

Thursday:

This afternoon I have a lab for my Cybercrime class. I have a look through the slides ahead of time just so I have a better idea of what’s going on. I also go back over some of the readings and my notes as I’m still getting into the sociology/criminology frame of mind. Prep done, I take a lunch break before remembering that the computer lab is literally the furthest building away from me, so I’ll need extra time to get there.

Lab done, I head home as I’m pretty tired. Instead of doing more reading I look over what I’m going to be doing in my Digital Society class tomorrow. Then it’s time for a bit of the new Taskmaster series and Drag Race UK.

Friday:

Momo\'s Pizza
Original photo by Anna Tam

*cue Rebecca Black* I have my Digital Society lecture and seminar all in one class this morning, which means my day is done by 11:30! Since I feel I should be at least a little bit productive, I go through all the assessments and deadlines I have just so there’s no last-minute panic later in the term. (Although I can guarantee there’ll still be a last-minute panic).

Not much gets done in the afternoon, but I do watch a couple episodes of Squid Game, which is incredible and horrific at the same time. The weather’s kind of miserable, but I still have something to look forward to as I’m going to the Old Firehouse with a couple of friends and then suddenly it’s the weekend.

Saturday:

It’s time for our first social of the year at Cosy Club! We get there at 10 to have brunch and end up staying till mid-afternoon just talking.

As much as I wanted to stay at Cosy Club all day, I come back home just to make sure I have all the necessary reading etc. done for the week as I want to get this term off to a good start.

Sunday:

Generally, I try and get all my work done before Sunday so I can just have a chill day and miraculously, I’ve somehow managed that. I FaceTime back home to check how everyone is and find out my dog, Suzy (a rescue) has decided to start chewing things during the night, but for some reason only items belonging to my dad… (So, if anyone can figure that one out…?)

Sunday is also Article Recap day, so I upload that. I finish off the day at the pub with my flatmates and come back to leftover Firehouse pizza.

And that was a week in my life! Stay tuned for the next post in the series…

hobbies include: writing in lowercase letters and watching fleabag, grey's anatomy and louis theroux