This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter chapter.

After a long day, or any day in fact, I really love an easy recipe – and today I am sharing that recipe with you! A go-to of mine has been the lentil lasagna which is relatively easy to make and is full of vegetables (because health is wealth). The even better part about this recipe is that you’ll 100% have left-overs which you can have for the next few days to save you from cooking!!!

Ingredients

1. 2 Tins of Green Lentils. 
  2. 1 Tin of Butter Beans
  3. 1 Red Onion
  4. A Handful of Mushrooms (Frozen or Fresh)
  5. A Handful of Peppers (Frozen or Fresh)
  6. A Courgette
  7. Lazy Garlic (or fresh garlic)
  8. Dolmio’s Red and White Lasagne Sauce (You could make these fresh but it wouldn’t be lazy cooking!)
  9. Lasagne Sheets
  10. Cheese

Crudites
Christin Urso / Spoon

Step One:

Pour the green lentils and butter beans straight into a saucepan and heat them up whilst you complete the next steps. I don’t usually drain the liquid from the tin but if you would prefer you could drain the lentils and place them into tap water instead.

Step Two:

Dice the red onion and the other vegetables. If you brought frozen mushrooms and peppers there is no need to dice them, just use them as they come!

Step Three:

In a frying pan add a tablespoon of olive oil with a teaspoon of garlic along with the onions. Once the onions begin to soften add the remaining vegetables. 

Step Four:

Once all the vegetables are cooked, drain the lentils and add them in with the vegetables along with the Dolmio red lasagna sauce. Stir in the red sauce until it has coated all the vegetables and lentils.

Step Five:

You can begin layering, YAY! Place a layer of the vegetables and lentils (doesn’t matter how thick – all about how you like the lasagna) then cover it all with lasagna sheets. On top of the sheets place a thin layer of white lasagna sauce followed by another layer of pasta sheets. Continue repeating these steps until you have used all your filling or the dish is full! (Reminder to keep some white sauce for the top!)

Step Six:

Grate some cheese on top of the lasagna and then you can place it in the oven. It usually takes around 30 minutes to cook but you’ll know its done when you can stick a knife in and the pasta sheets throughout are soft!

And just like that you have a very lazy lasagna! Happy cooking!

Final year Law student at the University of Exeter living out my legally blonde dream.