This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter chapter.

As we all know the final installment of Twilight is due to hit the big screen and capture the nation’s attention – even if it is for its poor acting and implications of bestiality. With the world of vampires about to grip the world once again, HCX dares you to take this theme one step further: Wear it. Gothic and Vampish trends are everywhere this season and are a great, stylish way to make your wardrobe winter-ready. So throw on some lace and accessorise with dark, dramatic lips to bring a bit of Twilight into your nightlife.

When Edward Cullen walks out in sunlight and his skin turns to glitter, the first thing I think of is how gorgeous he is, and how stupid Kristen Stewart is to have cheated on him. However some may look and ask: how can I get such gorgeous glowing skin instead of my dull winter pallor? Here’s how: start by applying a highlighter directly on your cheekbones, then work some from your forehead between the eyebrows outwards like a fan to the rest of the forehead. This will create a natural looking highlighting effect. Next, choose a foundation one or two shades lighter than your normal colour and apply normally. Finally add a loose translucent powder on top for that glowing look.

HCX Top tip: Test the foundation on your wrist before buying, as this is the area of skin that isn’t sun touched, making it more of a true reflection of your natural skin colour.

Red wine, rust and purple are the new Vampish lip colours to hit the runway. Seen here worn by Jessica Alba, its one of the most affordable ways to wear this trend. HCX recommends: Topshop’s ‘Lips in Inhibition.’ It’s rumored that the same people who make Mac Cosmetics makeTopshop makeup but with a more student-friendly price tag (music to our ears!)

Our girl Helena Nuñez recommends a darker shade of red from H&M that is another cheaper alternative, but remains looking classy and on-trend for winter.

HCX Top Tips: 1. When applying lipstick, put a thin layer of your foundation on your lips before, this way when applied it lasts much longer! 2. Use a similar colour lip liner to create a perfect shape and to prevent the lip colour from running. 3. When going out stick to one main feature in makeup; eyes or mouth. The combination of the two can have the possibility of looking drag (and there’s enough of them in TP on a Wednesday night!)

The easiest way to incorporate the new Vampy trend into your wardrobe is with jewelry. Crosses and skulls are the most obvious choices and available everywhere right now. Try a rustic cross bracelet from ASOS – at £10 (don’t forget to add student discount) it’s cheap enough to make even Kristen Stewart smile! Team it with a black leather jacket and dress to enhance the vampire look. Rings are also a good addition, try wearing a few on each hand but avoid Jack Sparrow-like overkill. This collection of three from River Island is worth a try, especially as they’re only £6.

Want to embrace the look, but don’t have the bank balance to match? Try buying one statement piece of clothing to update your outfit. For example, the black lace peplum from Topshop covers both the peplum and gothic vampire trends at only £28 (without student discount). Wear with black jeans or a skirt and team them with your River Island rings for that ‘I would make a better Bella Swan than you, Kristen’ look.

To stay on trend, you don’t have to have a celebrity stylist, or salary. It can be done in an affordable way and looks fabulous! So go on, be adventurous and give it a go.

Picture credits: http://fashionindie.com/author/monavox/page/14/

www.riverisland.com