This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter chapter.

With Valentine’s Day once more rearing its controversial head, it’s fair to say there are many mixed emotions surrounding this lovey dovey holiday. However regardless of your relationship status, here at Her Campus, we can all agree on one thing: Valentine’s Day is the perfect excuse to hit the shops and spoil yourself with a stylish, chic outfit. Be it to impress your other half or show the world what they’re missing out on, Valentine’s Day is the perfect opportunity to showcase your inner and outer fabulousness. Here are just some of our ideas for inspiration on how you can style yourself for the day, no matter what your plans are.

Lucky in Love

For some of you who are lucky enough to be spending Valentine’s Day with that special someone, a flirty sophisticated outfit is a must.  We think with this cute red skater style skirt and adorable white lace top, you will be guaranteed to set the tone for a romantic intimate evening for two. Perfect to get your loved one’s heart a flutter.

Top: Nightcap Clothing Daisy Crochet Crop – White Crochet Lace Crop Top – £180 JADES24.COM

Skirt: Chicwish Red A-line Midi Skirt – £20 CHICWISH.COM

Shoes: Even&Odd High Heels Bright – £29 ZALANDO.CO.UK

Bag: Forever New Milly Lace Clutch Bag – £15 FOREVERNEW.COM.AU

Looking for Love

For some of you singletons, Valentine’s Day is all about finding your happily ever after. Egged on by romantic daydreams of The Notebook styled kisses in the rain, you are ready to face Valentine’s with a determinedness that this year will be different, and Valentine’s will mark the start of something new. This bold go get ‘em attitude needs a matching fearless and sexy outfit to accompany it, and we think an eye catching red dress, accompanied with some snazzy high heels is just the thing! Not to mention that essential luscious red lipstick to make your outfit pop (and maybe more than a few eyes too!)

Dress: Chi Chi London Lace – £53 HOUSEOFFRASER.CO.UK

Shoes: Carvela Gosh – Faux-suede Sandals – £110 SELFRIDGES.COM

Necklace: Betsey Johnson Happy Pretty Mint Rhinestone Heart Long necklace M – £43   BETSEYJOHNSON.COM

Lipstick: Rouge Pur Couture Pure – £23 YSLBEAUTYUS.COM

Loving the Single Life

For some of you, Valentine’s is just another day in the busy calendar of your lives! Single and proud you are content to let the holiday slip quietly by. But passivity to this love fuelled holiday does not mean you have to be condemned to indoors, scoffing popcorn and galaxy chocolate while watching Dirty Dancing on repeat. Instead we think you should use this popular holiday as an excuse to show yourselves off and celebrate the perfection that is you. And we think this fierce black look, accentuated with long, draping necklaces and on point sharp ankle boots, will give you a sassy and bold edge, perfect for an easy going and relaxed night out with the girls!

Top: Gold Hawk Cami Clean Lace Black Silk – camisole top with lace – £90 JADES24.COM

Trousers: Boohoo Evie Low Rise Superskinny Navy Jeans – £23 BOOHOO.COM

Shoes: Karen Millen Heeled Suede Shoe Boots – £170 – SELFRIDGES.COM

Jacket: Opus Jennica Blazer – £65 ZALANDO.CO.UK

Necklace: Henri Bendel Bond Street Long Layered Necklace – £200 HENRIBENDEL.COM

Photo Credits:

www.pinterest.com

Bethany is a third year english student studying at Exeter University and is the Fashion and Beauty Editor for Exeter's chapter of Her Campus. In between shopping for the latest trends and reading the latest celebrity gossip and fashion news, she enjoys working out and improving on her fitness. Bethany is also a keen photographer, often seen snapping photos of the night sky and friends. She dreams of travelling the world and discovering its couture, food and sites, and ultimately becoming a successful writer.