The Ultimate Winter Getaway

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter chapter.

The Kakslauttanen Arctic Resort is a beautifully unique resort set in the scenic Finnish wilderness. It resort consists of traditional log cabins, glass igloos, snow igloos and queen suites, making it an unforgettable destination for all.

The glass igloos are the most iconic accommodation of the resort. They boast a glass roof that allows guests to gaze at the starry night’s sky and view the Aurora borealis from the comfort of your bed, which guarantees a memorable and magical experience.

As if the glass igloos didn’t already have you rushing to book this idyllic retreat, the traditional log cabins have their own fireplaces and saunas, which amplify the relaxed alpine atmosphere and allow you to immerse yourself in cosiness.

Kakslauttanen is home to the largest smoke sauna in the world to promote your physical and spiritual relaxation. It also offers the opportunity to plunge yourself into invigorating ice-cold water to cool down, and the resort’s ice bar is nearby to reward your courageous moment of insanity with a well-deserved drink.

Located just 30 minutes from the nearest airport and 250km North of the Arctic Circle in the Saariselka fell area, it really is a rural haven in a stunning Lapland setting.

In the winter, you can go on a husky or reindeer safari, as well as skiing. Plus, it doesn’t stop when the sun begins to shine again; Finland is known for having nightless nights where the sun doesn’t set. So, if you like to plan in advance, why not plan a summer getaway with a difference, with so much to do who want’s to waste time sleeping?!

Photo credits:

www.kakslauttanen.fi

www.pinterest.com

Culture EditorCurrently studying Biological Sciences in my third and final year at the University of Exeter. I love adventures and exploring the world around me so I'm trying to squeeze as much fun into this stressful time - you only get one life!