Top Tunes for the Library

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter chapter.

With the majority of us students spending these final weeks of term huddled in the library with our noses in books, instead of providing tantalizing procrastination HCX wants to aid in your efficiency…

What you listen to whilst revising is a very personal choice; statistics commonly say that silence is the best way to go. However, when in the library you often need something playing to drown out the background noise of whisper and typing, so the HCX team decided to make life a bit easier for you by compiling a playlist of the top revision songs.

Classical Music:

With classical music statistically supposed to be the best music for work, it is definitely out top choice when plugging in the headphones in Lasok, and who doesn’t feel smarter with a bit of Mozart egging you through the seventh journal of the day!? So for those of you who are not classical connoisseurs, here are a few Spotify tips on who to look out for:

James Horner– the man behind many of our favourite films soundtrack including Spiderman, Avatar, Braveheart and Titanic, his music is reassuringly familiar yet inspirational… just what we need!

Paul Bateman– another soundtrack virtuoso, a personal fave is Glasgow Love Theme from Love Actually (courtesy of the London Philharmonic Orchestra).

And if you prefer some soft vocals to cheer you along then Charlene Soraia’s version of “Wherever You Will Go”.

(Also check out the Classic FM study playlists on Spotify, as they are probably a lot more knowledgeable about music then us meagre students!)

However if the soothing sounds of classical tunes leave you drowsier than inspired, lyric-free upbeat tunes can also have the same effect whilst keeping you awake. Stereo mood and other similar websites allow you to choose music to mirror your mood, so whether you are a “Casual Vibes” or “Rainbow Pride” kind of girl, these websites cater for every mood!

[pagebreak]

Congratulatory Songs:

So you have made it through the seven-hour slog, the essay is written and now you need something bouncier than Bach to celebrate the moment, here are some more up-beat numbers for that moment:

Smash Mouth– Head back to the 90’s with these upbeat classics that will surely put a smile back on your face post study session.

Outkast– Now nobody needs to be told twice to put these lovely chappies on, who doesn’t instantly want to get up and dance when Hey Ya! comes on and we are repeatedly told to “Shake it like a polaroid picture”; it almost becomes an order!

So there you have it ladies, the right music to get you in the right mood whilst counting down those library hours. And whilst the Costa bill is racking up, the word count seems to be increasing slower than your Grandma’s mph on the motorway, one positive thought is that its now only a week until the holidays. So happy studying from all at HCX!

Photo credits:-

http://imgix.8tracks.com/mix_c…

http://www.mybandmarket.com/bl…