Top 5 Winter Clothing Staples

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter chapter.

We all know that Winter is fast approaching, so when the weather turns bitter and gloomy look to this collection of Winter items recommended by HCX girl Kate Bannatyne to cheer you up and put a spring back into your step.

1. The Coat/Jacket

(www.zara.com)

A good staple jacket is necessary when preparing for Winter, and this Parka from Zara (£89.99) is fleece lined and perfect to get you through the cold months ahead. Taking this up to campus in your bag would be your best bet – we all know how hot and sweaty Stocker Road can make you; but this is perfect for the journey home.

Ideal for: Days in town or at the Quay; travelling to and from lectures.

2. The Scarf

(www.frenchconnection.com)

This beige snood (£35 French Connection) is beautifully simplistic and warm. Team with a leather jacket and jeans for a casual day out.

Also available: An ocean blue version.

3. The Boots

(www.topshop.com)

Chelsea boots are on trend this Fall, so why not opt for a darker colour for the upcoming Winter season. With this dark brown pair from Topshop (£62), any outfit will be complete. Wear these with any pair of trousers for either casual or dressy occasions. Perfect to wear to lectures and chilled nights at the pub.

Try: Wearing them in and scuffing them up for a vintage look.

4. The Jumper

(www.topshop.com)

The knitted jumper continues to be a staple and coveted item every winter, so why not brighten your day with this stunning pink one (£36 Topshop). Jazz it up with a large statement necklace to transform it from a daytime to an evening style.

Try: Studs are in this season so if you have a creative flair, try adding studs to the bottom of the sleeves, or even buy a studded collar to wear.

5. The Blazer

(www.asos.com)

Rock the cold Winter period with this stunning gold sequin blazer (£65 ASOS). With a neat finish this blazer avoids looking cabaret and remains classy. Wear it with a silk black vest to contrast textures and sleek black jeans.

Perfect for: A cocktail night with the girls and dates (we wish).

Georgie Hazell is a final year Anthropology and International Politics student at the University of Exeter, UK. Georgie became involved with Her Campus during her semester studying abroad at the College of William & Mary, along with Rocket (the campus fashion magazine), Trendspotters (the campus fashion TV show) and Tri Delta sorority. She hopes to pursue a career in media or marketing in the future. Georgie has a passion for travel and experiencing new cultures, and spent five months travelling the world on her Gap Year.