This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter chapter.

This week’s campus cutie is Tom Brophy, Exeter’s favourite Sailing Club Commodore.

Name: Thomas Brophy

Course: Mechanical Engineering 

Year: 3rd

Relationship Status: Single 

What’s the most amazing thing you’ve ever done? 

It would probably be running with the Olympic torch! It was a pretty incredible day and I was so glad I didn’t stack it. 

How do you feel about being nominated as a campus cutie?

I was really surprised when I found out, actually thought it was a wind up!

3. What’s your position on blurred lines?

I think it’s probably the same as most other people, what does rhyme with hug me?

4. What would be your perfect date?

Perfect date would probably involve some sort of water sport, maybe a paddle board along the beach at sunset and a BBQ. How romantic. 

5. Would you say being president of a high performance sport club has increased your success with the ladies?

Yes.

6. What do you look for in a girl?

Neat hand writing on thank you notes the morning after.

7. What’s the most embarrassing thing you’ve done at Uni?

That’s a tough one- there have been a few things. Breaking my wrist playing netball is up there.

8. Is it hard juggling your course, commitments to sailing and your social life?

Yeah it is tricky, engineering is an intense course  and I’ve had to cut back on the sailing I’m doing to fit in work load.

9. How does it feel to have more girls than hands?

Awesome.

10. Where do you see yourself in ten years time?

Not too sure to be honest. Hopefully doing a job that I enjoy and still sailing as much as possible.

11. What attracted you to sailing?

I first went on a boat when I was 3 weeks old so I was born into it really. That and I’m so un-coordinated that I suck at most other sports!

12. Favourite night out?

TP on a Friday, especially now I’ve got a gold card!

13. Celebrity crush?

Urmm probably Willa Holland

14. What’s your motto in life?

Trust me, I’m an engineer. 

15. What advice would you give to aspiring campus cuties?

Don’t try too hard or you’ll look like a dick…Yeah we’ll go with that!

16. How do you feel about accents?

I do have a bit thing for accents it has to be said…

17. Sum yourself up in three words.

Clumsy, laid-back and approachable

18. What’s your chat up line?

I have had some cringe success with “I’ll take you for a ride on my boat” before! 

Lauren is the President/Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus Exeter, as well as the Manager of UK Expansion and a National Writer for HerCampus.com. While she has worked with Her Campus Exeter it has achieved Pink Chapter Level status and has grown to its current status as one of the most successful chapters internationally. She's determined to grow Her Campus in the UK this year and so is looking foward to working on increasing the number of HC UK chapters and to helping the established chapters improve and develop. This summer she was lucky enough to intern in the Her Campus Head Office in Boston, and had the most amazing time -- any time she can go back, she will! In her spare time Lauren loves to play tennis, catch up with her friends, go for long walks in the Scottish countryside or to watch chick-flicks under her duvet. You can follow her on Twitter and Instagram @laurenhudson25.