This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter chapter.

As the end of term grows ever closer, deadlines loom and our bank balances seem to get smaller and smaller – the thought of going on a date might seem to be the last thing you need (or can afford).  But what could be a better distraction from work than an evening with a gorgeous date? Her Campus has looked for the top 5 best ideas for budget dates in Exeter…

1) Head to Campus

Okay, so an evening in the Forum may not exactly conjure up images of romance – but get out of Peter Chalk and Amory, and events on campus can be a great idea for a night out that’s student-budget friendly. From seeing a film at the Campus Cinema, a play put on by any of Exeter’s student theatre groups, or going to a charity event – there’s always a lot going on and you can normally get change from a fiver. 

2) Get into the Country 

Exeter is lucky to be in the middle of gorgeous countryside – and when it’s not raining, going for a walk can be a great (and cheap) date. We’re so near to beautiful beaches in Exmouth and Dawlish: they’re just short train or car journey away. Take a picnic with you (and perhaps a map – phone coverage isn’t the best in the middle of nowhere) and go and get lost together for an afternoon.

3) Go out for Dinner

This really doesn’t have to be as expensive as you expect.  Look online first – restaurants such as Café Rouge, La Tasca and Pizza Express always seem to have vouchers to make your meal more affordable. A quick look on www.studentbeans.com found 30% off at many restaurants.  Saving money on your meal definitely makes allowances for a bottle of wine or a few cocktails!

4) Go to the Zoo

Personally, I can’t think of much better than seeing a hot boy with a cute animal.  But whoever you’re taking out for the day, surely they can’t resist the delights of a day at the zoo? Although a little more expensive (£11.90 admission for students), Paington Zoo is an entire day out.  Don’t fancy seeing a lion? Pennywell Farm may be more suited for you – home to mini pigs, lambs and ponies, this isn’t a typical date but it is a lot of fun.

1. Have a Cocktail Evening

This doesn’t have to be expensive – although many bars in Exeter do hold 2 for 1 cocktail evenings, why not make your own? Although the results may not always be as delicious, trying to create your own drinks together is far more fun – and much cheaper! Most student houses seem to have a vast collection of alcohol, and half the challenge is using things you already have to create your drinks.

So there we go – 5 date ideas which don’t need to destroy your bank balance before the end of term; there’s no excuse now to not treat yourself! Since we love a bargain at HCX, here are some more cheap dates that might catch your fancy.

Photo Credits:

http://data.whicdn.com/images/14567619/bpics,love,haad,couple,field,holding,hands-4ed938010e14c57d5b6f7d68e063e590_h_large.jpg

http://gxmediagy.com/wp-conten…