Three Make-Up Tutorials To Spice Up Your Halloween Looks!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter chapter.

Here at HCX, we’re always looking for ways to spice up our outfits come Halloween, but often on top of all the outfits we buy, face paint and fake blood can be just a tad out of our student budgets. However, what most of us forget is that we often have all the tools we need stashed in our makeup bags! Here are three easy looks for you to try out this year, which we created using our own makeup stash-all you need to do is dress up and you’ll be good to go.

Vampire
The quintessential sexy one, this look is easy to create and don’t worry, it will leave you looking more sultry than scary. All you need to add to the smoky eyes and deep mulberry lips is a lethal pair of fangs…

Lion
How many ‘sexy kittens’ do you think you’ll see wandering the streets of Exeter this year, sporting the same old cat ears and make-up? Go one step further and be leader of the pack with this lion-inspired look; remember, not all Halloween looks have to be terrifying!

Skull
Last but not least, for those who want to go all out on the scare-factor this year is the skull. Inspired by Lady Gaga in her ‘Born This Way’ video, people will be seriously impressed (and terrified) of your effort. The best accessory for this look? Find some white contact lenses, it will really add to the creepiness of this look! 

Photo Credit: www.tumblr.com

Francesca is a third year BA Marketing, Management and French student at Exeter, and when she isn't busy running around campus to yet another lecture, you can find her tucked into the corner of a sofa writing her beauty and lifestyle blog; f.s.h.t . Francesca fell in love with fashion and beauty through stories of her grandmother being a model in the sixties, and ever since then she's been on a mission to try every beauty product out there, and is happy to make a mistake every now and again so you don't have to! Aside from all the extra-curricular activities (she's also the President of the Marketing Society), Francesca loves spending time in the kitchen with her friends, cooking comfort food for everyone, with a cup of tea in one hand and a wooden spoon in the other, giving her the well-deserved nickname of 'Mummy'. Although not a keen sportsman, Francesca's favourite thing in life is skiing; during her gap year she worked a season in France, where she claims she had the best few months of her life! After she leaves university, Francesca is planning a career in the PR industry, working for companies who specialise in skiing, beauty or luxury travel, so finger's crossed! You can find her blog here: http://www.fsht.me/