Wellness > Sex + Relationships

The Best 4 Intimate and Sexy Christmas Ideas for Couples

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter chapter.

The Christmas period celebrates all things fun and festive, and whilst it’s mostly family orientated, this shouldn’t mean you exclude or put your relationship or sex life on hold. Listed below are some Christmas sexy and intimate ideas for you and partner to try, and by the end of it you’ll definitely be on the naughty list!

1. Sexy Advent Calendars

Whoever said advent calendars were just for kids, clearly didn’t know about sex advent calendars’ existence. This is a great early gift for your partner, or even for both of you! This keeps things spicy as the countdown to Christmas begins and there’s a variety of types to choose from, most of which are affordable and from places such as Lovehoney or Ann Summers. Such calendars include sex toys and lingerie calendars, and are bound to get you in the mood for the festive season. Alternatively, you could save some money and create your own calendar that you could share together! If you and your partner each write 12 of your favourite things to do (however intimate you want it to be or not) on separate pieces of paper and then place them in a bowl, you’ll have 24 days in total!

2. Christmas Sex Games

This popular game takes its idea from Mr and Mrs Claus, but this can easily be adapted to suit your relationship: whether that’s Mr and Mrs, Mrs and Mrs or Mx and Mx. This is a classic role playing Christmas game where without showing your partner, you write down your answer to some sexy questions. Some examples of these questions are:

• What’s your favourite position?
  • What’s your favourite outfit?
  • What’s your fantasy?

The aim of the game is to guess each other’s answers. Oh and the winner? Well it’s up to both of you to decide how the winner will be rewarded….

3. Festive Flavoured Lube/Scented Massage Oil

Alternatively, if you really want to get into the festive spirit why don’t you and your partner invest in some festive flavoured lube? Some examples include Gin&Tonic or Candy Cane. You could try one or explore with a variety! Similarly to festive flavoured lube, you could also invest in some scented massage oil. Spending time together, however intimate or not is important. Giving your partner a massage is both intimate and relaxing for both of you. Just like the festive flavoured lube, there are multiple options of scented massage oil to choose with one of the most popular being vanilla!

4. Christmas Sex

Christmas is known for being the time for fancy dress, so why not get into the spirit with some role play. Whether just one of you wants to dress up, or both, decide on an idea together and let the fun begin. The most popular choice is sexy Santa outfits.

Hopefully these ideas will give you and your partner some options to keep things spicy during the festive season. Remember it’s important to communicate with your partner about what you’re comfortable doing – communication is one of the most important aspects to any relationship. Finally, have fun, enjoy yourselves and remember to be naughty and nice!

I'm the Sex and Relationships Editor for Exeter and a third year student studying Classical Studies and English with a passion for literature, art and film!